windows10 app essentials addon interfere with reaper

tech explorers

hey all.
as I sayd in the subject,
wen I use reaper with the win10 apps addon enabled.
the reaper is not usable.
this is started happening after the last update of win10 apps.
I hope this problem should be fixed soon
thanks varun.

Hi,
Which version of Windows 10 App Essentials are you using? What happens if you restart with Windows 10 App Essentials disabled, or for that matter, all add-ons disabled? I need a debug log that will let me know that it is indeed my add-on that's causing issues (I don't use Reaper, that's one of the reasons for requesting a debug level log).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of tech explorers
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 12:59 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] windows10 app essentials addon interfere with reaper

hey all.
I hope this problem should be fixed soon thanks varun.

tech explorers

hi Joseph
I am using the latest stable release of windows 10 app essentials.
and yes  I tried disabling windows 10 app essentials from the add ons manager then I can use reaper properly.
how do I get the  debug logs

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020, 8:58 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:
Hi,
Which version of Windows 10 App Essentials are you using? What happens if you restart with Windows 10 App Essentials disabled, or for that matter, all add-ons disabled? I need a debug log that will let me know that it is indeed my add-on that's causing issues (I don't use Reaper, that's one of the reasons for requesting a debug level log).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of tech explorers

hey all.

tech explorers

and also this didn't happen with the previous versions of windows 10 app essentials

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020, 8:30 AM tech explorers via groups.io <techexplorers2020=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

hi Joseph
and yes  I tried disabling windows 10 app essentials from the add ons manager then I can use reaper properly.

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

hey all.

Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Enable Windows 10 App Essentials add-on.
  2. Then restart NVDA in debug logging mode (NVDA+Q, select “restart with debug logging”).
  3. Once NVDA restarts, use Reaper.
  4. At the point where Reaper is not working, open log viewer (NVDA+F1), then copy and paste the entire log as a private reply to this message (don’t send it to this list please).
  5. Restart NVDA.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2020 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] windows10 app essentials addon interfere with reaper

hi Joseph

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

hey all.

James Scholes

I can't reproduce this. With Windows 10 App Essentials version 20.12, Reaper appears to be working as it always does.

If there's something specific I can do in Reaper which isn't working for you, happy to try it. For reference I opened the application, created some tracks and arrowed around the track view. Everything worked normally. So the debug log is likely going to be needed here:

Regards,

James Scholes

On 16/12/2020 at 9:02 pm, tech explorers wrote:
and also this didn't happen with the previous versions of windows 10 app essentials

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020, 8:30 AM tech explorers via groups.io <http://groups.io> <techexplorers2020=gmail.com@groups.io <mailto:gmail.com@groups.io>> wrote:

hi Joseph

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020, 8:58 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com <mailto:joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,
Cheers,
Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>> On Behalf Of tech explorers
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>

hey all.

Hi all,

Turns out this is a user configuration issue. The log was sent to me privately and it said:

1. Reaper (through OSARA) fires a UIA notification event when a user presses up or down arrow from tracks view.
  2. Right after this, a Windows Security toast notification appeared but NVDA didn't announce it.

This means the user told NVDA to not report notifications (object presentation). This setting must be enabled in order to hear UIA specific notifications. I submitted an NVDA pull request to introduce a dedicated setting to configure UIA specific notification announcements and is awaiting another round of review.

Cheers,

Joseph

Timothy

If that is the case, how come the user reported that Reaper gave feedback through OSARA with the add-on disabled?

Timothy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:54 AM

Hi all,

Turns out this is a user configuration issue. The log was sent to me privately and it said:

1. Reaper (through OSARA) fires a UIA notification event when a user presses up or down arrow from tracks view.
  2. Right after this, a Windows Security toast notification appeared but NVDA didn't announce it.

This means the user told NVDA to not report notifications (object presentation). This setting must be enabled in order to hear UIA specific notifications. I submitted an NVDA pull request to introduce a dedicated setting to configure UIA specific notification announcements and is awaiting another round of review.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

The add-on will not let UIA NVDA overlay objects announce notifications if report notifications is turned off from NVDA. This was in response to users telling me that they do not wish to hear notifications from apps such as Edge and File Explorer.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 11:23 AM

If that is the case, how come the user reported that Reaper gave feedback through OSARA with the add-on disabled?

Timothy

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

tech explorers

hi it
should be cool if you can include an option to disable this behaviour of this addon

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020, 12:58 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

The add-on will not let UIA NVDA overlay objects announce notifications if report notifications is turned off from NVDA. This was in response to users telling me that they do not wish to hear notifications from apps such as Edge and File Explorer.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy via groups.io

Timothy

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

I’ll do just that once NVDA itself gains ability to turn off UIA notification announcements.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 6:30 PM

hi it
should be cool if you can include an option to disable this behaviour of this addon

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020, 12:58 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Timothy

Hi all,

Cheers,

Joseph