Which runnable addon is using requests module?

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to study.

Alberto Buffolino

高生旺, il 04/01/2022 14.01, ha scritto:
I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to study.
Alberto:
Hi,
do you mean this?
https://pypi.org/project/requests/
I never see add-ons that use it.
Do you have successfully imported it in your add-on?
Alberto

Rui Fontes

Do you mean import urllib.request?

Rui Fontes

Às 13:01 de 04/01/2022, 高生旺 escreveu:

I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to study.

James Scholes

If you're talking about the popular Requests package for making HTTP requests, it relies on a number of third party modules that you will also need to add to your add-on, and ensure you can import each one before Requests will work. It may be simpler to just use the HTTP handling built into Python, e.g. urllib is included in NVDA, although its API is nowhere near as convenient.

On 04/01/2022 at 8:41 am, Rui Fontes wrote:
Do you mean import urllib.request?

Rui Fontes

Às 13:01 de 04/01/2022, 高生旺 escreveu:
I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to
study.

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

There is no import error but many other module not found such as xml.dom, http.cookies, etc.
But I cannot install them and found they are all in system python.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 15:39:14 +0100
From: Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@gmail.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Which runnable addon is using requests module?
高生旺, il 04/01/2022 14.01, ha scritto:
I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to study.
Alberto:
Hi,
do you mean this?
https://pypi.org/project/requests/
I never see add-ons that use it.
Do you have successfully imported it in your add-on?
Alberto

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

No. Just import requests. It can run in python shell.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:41:25 +0000
From: Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Do you mean import urllib.request?

Rui Fontes

Às 13:01 de 04/01/2022, 高生旺 escreveu:
I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to study.

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I've imported urllib but it shows it needs urllib3. I've imported but still has many problems such as it requires hmac but hmac is not compatable now.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
If you're talking about the popular Requests package for making HTTP requests, it relies on a number of third party modules that you will also need to add to your add-on, and ensure you can import each one before Requests will work. It may be simpler to just use the HTTP handling built into Python, e.g. urllib is included in NVDA, although its API is nowhere near as convenient.

On 04/01/2022 at 8:41 am, Rui Fontes wrote:
Do you mean import urllib.request?

Rui Fontes

Às 13:01 de 04/01/2022, 高生旺 escreveu:
I cannot use this module in my addon. I need a successful example to
study.

Beqa Gozalishvili

Hi all.

many people was asking about how to import requests in to nvda, so i
decided to make an example addon to demonstrate how it could be
imported.

I didn't want to modify request in any way, but it required to make one change.
Details in readme at:
https://github.com/beqabeqa473/nvdaRequestsExample

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

--
with best regards Beqa Gozalishvili
Tell: +995593454005

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

The page doesn't show your articale.
Why don't you post here directly or attach it? Thank you!

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

[...]

which article?

I posted a github repo which should be enough.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Which runnable addon is using requests
module?

[...]

Why I cannot see the detail and where to download your example?

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
[...]

I provided github repo.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
module?

[...]

I have difficulty to find it. Would some one help me? Thank you!

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:46:10 +0400
From: Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
I provided github repo.

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 08:46:25 -0600
From: James Scholes <james@jls-radio.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
module?

[...]

I suggest you to understand fundamentals of git and github

Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:46:10 +0400
From: Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

I provided github repo.