Version 21.10 of Joseph Lee's add-ons released with important end of maintenance notes and NVDA 2021.2 requirement #addonrelease

Hi all,

Version 21.10 of the following add-ons are now available (manual download for now):

IMPORTANT NOTES:

  1. Apart from Resource Monitor, these releases require NVDA 2021.2 or later (Resource Monitor now requires NVDA 2021.1 or later, but for consistency, please use it with NVDA 2021.2).
  2. Event Tracker is end of life from me. You are more than welcome to improve the add-on (see the above list for the repo link).
  3. If you are planning to use Windows 11, please install NVDA 2021.2 or later and Windows App Essentials 21.10 or later.
  4. StationPlaylist: originally version 21.10 was going to be the second to last release, but due to impending release of SPL suite 6, I decided to add a release in November just for that event.
  5. For other add-ons apart from Event Tracker, StationPlaylist, and Windows App Essentials, version 21.10 will be the second to last release under my maintenance as I scale back add-on development in preparation for leaving the NVDA community (for now).

Changelog:

  • All add-ons: localization and compatibility updates.
  • Event Tracker: added support for UIA layout invalidated event (commonly used in auto-suggest accessibility), object role and states output will resemble NVDA more closely.
  • GoldWave: in GoldWave 6.57, NVDA will no longer announce track names when you press play/rewind/stop keys.
  • Windows App Essentials: official support for Windows 11, code reorganization, removed unneeded app modules.

These releases must be downloaded manually for now – these updates will be offered through Add-on Updater soon. As soon as these updates are approved for distribution on community add-ons website, Add-on Updater will not offer these updates for anyone running NVDA releases earlier than 2021.2 (to avoid this, (especially if you want to use Windows 11), please upgrade to 2021.2 at your earliest convenience).

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hello Joseph. I installed version 2.10 with Windows 10 compilation of May and NVDA Alpha most recent, but I had to return to the previous version of Windows App Essentials, because in Microsoft Word of Office 365, it stopped talking characters, words, lines, etc..., when I try to select something. I use Microsoft Word very professionally, so that it was not possible for me to continue using this version. My eternal gratitude for your work and dedication... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 25/09/2021 15:37, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

I cannot reproduce this – when I try selecting characters, words, and lines in Word 365 with Windows App Essentials 21.10 and latest NVDA alpha installed, I do hear what I select. Are you sure this is caused by Windows App Essentials 21.10? Can you provide a debug log please (with WinApps 21.10 installed)?

[...]

Sorry. I reinstalled the add-on here, then I restarted some applications and the problem ceased to exist. So, I consider this question as surpassed and again I thank for your effort and dedication... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 26/09/2021 08:37, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,

[...]

Got it – at least it gives folks something to think about – likely a collision between UIA and some applications.

[...]

Update: if you are using Add-on Updater, these updates are now being offered to anyone running NVDA 2021.2 or later.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hello. Again about the problem with Office 365 Word with Add-On Windows App Essentials. I notice that many times after I open Microsoft Word with NVDA enabled, it does not speak the characters, words, paragraphs, when I select something. So I have to close and open the NVDA to solve the problem and make the NVDA back to verbalizing normally when I do any selection of some text in Word. Gratitude for your effort and dedication... Thank you.