Topics

Unmute addon request.

Han Solo

Hi all!

I'd like an addon wchich will check if the system sound is mute at the Nvda start and if it is mute, the addon will turn the sound on.

regards

SD.

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hello Han ;)
What version of Windows are you using?
Python has an audio control library, but it only works under Windows 10.
I think I could implement such an add-on for Windows 10.
it will be a small add-on, but sometimes it is very necessary.
Good luck!

Ralf Kefferpuetz

I don't see that in the duty of an NVDA addon because there are many Win10 tools around providing such features. Here is the link I use for that purpose since years:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sound_volume_view.html

I'd like an addon wchich will check if the system sound is mute at the Nvda start and if it is mute, the addon will turn the sound on.

regards

SD.

Timothy

There's an add-on called Shared Computer on Robert-J-H's Github repository which would do what you want, but don't think it's compatible with NVDA 2019.3 and later given it was last updated in 2018:
https://github.com/Robert-J-H/SharedComputer

Timothy

I'd like an addon wchich will check if the system sound is mute at the
Nvda start and if it is mute, the addon will turn the sound on.

regards

SD.

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi guys!
This is a very simple add-on, so I have already implemented it today.

Here is the Unmute add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute

And here you can download the add-on itself:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute/releases/download/v1.0/unmute-1.0.nvda-addon

I'm glad I was able to do the right thing for someone! :)
Good luck to all!

Sergio Gómez

Hello

Can you tell me what this plugin is for?

Thank you

Greetings

Sergio Gómez

Ayuda a personas con discapacidades

Help people with disabilities

This is a very simple add-on, so I have already implemented it today.

Here is the Unmute add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute

And here you can download the add-on itself:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute/releases/download/v1.0/unmute-1.0.nvda-addon

I'm glad I was able to do the right thing for someone! :)
Good luck to all!

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hello Sergio,
It unmute Windows audio when NVDA starts if the sound has been muted.
Best wishes!

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Yes, Oleksandr. It works very well here in my system. My eternal gratitude to all who dedicate their time and expertise in the development of Add-Ons... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 28/09/2020 17:17, Oleksandr Gryshchenko escreveu:

Hi guys!
This is a very simple add-on, so I have already implemented it today.

Here is the Unmute add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute

And here you can download the add-on itself:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute/releases/download/v1.0/unmute-1.0.nvda-addon

I'm glad I was able to do the right thing for someone! :)
Good luck to all!

Oh great! I'm think of making this, but you did it before.

Will fork to my github account, and contribute what I can.

Cuong

On 9/29/2020 3:17 AM, Oleksandr Gryshchenko wrote:
Hi guys!
This is a very simple add-on, so I have already implemented it today.

Here is the Unmute add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute

And here you can download the add-on itself:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute/releases/download/v1.0/unmute-1.0.nvda-addon

I'm glad I was able to do the right thing for someone! :)
Good luck to all!

Hi Oleksandr
Would like to translate documentation and interface of this add-on into Vietnamese. Please send me the files to be localized, or tell me where to get it.
Cuong

Đặng Mạnh Cường
Chuyên viên công nghệ trợ giúp
Trung tâm hướng nghiệp và công nghệ trợ giúp cho người mù Sao Mai
52/22 Huỳnh Thiện Lộc, P. Hòa Thạnh, Q. Tân Phú, TP. HCM
Điện thoại: 028-7302-4488
E-mail: tech@...
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Điện thoại di động / Zalo: 0902-572-300
E-mail:  dangmanhcuong@...; cuong@...
Skype: dangmanhcuong
Twitter: ManhCuongTech
On 9/29/2020 3:17 AM, Oleksandr Gryshchenko wrote:

Hi guys!
This is a very simple add-on, so I have already implemented it today.

Here is the Unmute add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute

And here you can download the add-on itself:
https://github.com/grisov/Unmute/releases/download/v1.0/unmute-1.0.nvda-addon

I'm glad I was able to do the right thing for someone! :)
Good luck to all!

rowen brian

In fact, there are add-ons with similar functions, which can not only unmute, but also automatically adjust to the corresponding threshold when the volume is too low.
this add-on:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ck45m-IlpbSe4tza42VJHIp3MlS8t0S3&authuser=maxe%40mail.batol.net&usp=drive_fs

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi Cuong,
Thank you for agreeing to translate Unmute add-on into your native language!
There is very little text to translate ;)
I sent you a personal message.
Have a nice day everyone!

Brian's Mail list account

Have we not been down these ally way before on here?
Another thing, it seems to me that a situation where sound is on, but nvda is silent can also occur. This is caused by some start ups taking longer than they should to initialise the sound drivers. Windows sound is not affect by this late enabling, but nvda is setting the wsynth to silence every time. Could we have a switch that ignores the lack of a sound driver and hence allows it to work when the driver does initialise?
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I'd like an addon wchich will check if the system sound is mute at the Nvda start and if it is mute, the addon will turn the sound on.

regards

SD.

Brian's Mail list account

My problem with the drivers is windows7.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'