Topics

two little addons, to small and specific to release?

Christopher Pross

Hey,

I have a short question.

I had developed a addon and a working on one at this time for a friend. This two a very specific and small. But I want to ask whether this could can merged in some other addon or I should implement some other features and push it then or so on.

the first addon,, the one, which is already done is very easy and says the user, whether the window of the current in foreground application is in full-screen or not.

2. the second one, is a work in progess and is builded at top of an other opensource library. It message the user or it will report the user whether a face is looking in the camera, for example on a laptop or webcam. Useful for videocalls or something else.

Wath do you think about this two adons? What should I do with that?

all the best,

Christopher

DaVid

Hi. The second add-on looks very interesting, I think that it should
be a specific add-on. The first is simple but can be useful for some
people, mergin it would be a good idea but I don't know with which
add-on.

Jesse Farquharson

Windows 10 enhancements could provide the first one a home, perhaps?

I think they'd both be useful to some, though I think a periodic signal, by sound rather than voice, might be better. That way it doesn't slow you down if you're trying to multitask for instance.

What if it could function as an actual guide? Think of it like object location tones for your face. If it is centre and you're looking right at the camera, the beep sounds centre and in both ears.

Rui Fontes

For me, publish both...

If someone wants to integrate the first in another add-on, it is just contacting you...

The second is very interessant!

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 22:44 de 15/05/2020, Christopher Pross escreveu:

[...]

Luke Davis

A good thought, though you're not always wearing headphones, and the stereo field on even good laptop speakers often leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree about the second add-on being useful as a standalone.

Luke

On Fri, 15 May 2020, Jesse Farquharson wrote:

Windows 10 enhancements could provide the first one a home, perhaps?
I think they'd both be useful to some, though I think a periodic signal, by sound rather than voice, might be better. That way it doesn't slow you down if
you're trying to multitask for instance.
What if it could function as an actual guide? Think of it like object location tones for your face. If it is centre and you're looking right at the camera,
the beep sounds centre and in both ears.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

You can provide the second of them to me, please, because here in Brazil in pandemic times, court hearings for lawyers are all be held by video conference, and that this add-on can help me a lot in making live broadcasts, for example, a my new project that is currently in its infancy for me ... Thank you.

Please, sign our petition in the link below, share with all your friends, and collaborate with us! In favor of support for Braille keyboards with multi-touch typing directly on the Android device screen for any screen reader, especially for Talkback!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Google_Inc_Talkback_Development_Team_Google_Disability_Support_Team_PRECISAMOS_DO_BRAILLE_NO_ANDROID_TAMBEM/

Em 15/05/2020 18:44, Christopher Pross escreveu:

[...]

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

Both are very interesting. The first one is a feature I miss lots in NVDA, since I'm used to have such a feature from Window-Eyes. I would be glad if you make this as a global addon available.
The second one is an amazing idea and I would love to see that as an addon as well.
If you want to share your work I would be more than happy to give feedback to both.

Regards,
Ralf

I had developed a addon and a working on one at this time for a friend.
This two a very specific and small. But I want to ask whether this could can merged in some other addon or I should implement some other features and push it then or so on.

the first addon,, the one, which is already done is very easy and says the user, whether the window of the current in foreground application is in full-screen or not.

2. the second one, is a work in progess and is builded at top of an other opensource library. It message the user or it will report the user whether a face is looking in the camera, for example on a laptop or webcam. Useful for videocalls or something else.

Wath do you think about this two adons? What should I do with that?

all the best,

Christopher

Alberto Buffolino

Ralf Kefferpuetz, il 16/05/2020 11.40, ha scritto:
If you want to share your work I would be more than happy to give feedback to both.
Alberto:
Hi,
I agree, both add-ons seem very interesting. Even without a request to include them among official add-ons, I'd like to see their code in one or two repositories.
Alberto

Adriani Botez

These addons are really small and I think most probably two pull requests on
these would be accepted by NV Access since these reportings do not require
user action in NVDA menu. It is the same like i.e. the reporting of change
of screen orientation.
These two reportings should be a standard in every screen reader actually.

However, at a certain point we will need to think about implementing
verbosity levels in NVDA. See for example issue #46 on Github.

Best
Adriani

addons.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Alberto Buffolino
Gesendet: Samstag, 16. Mai 2020 14:07
An: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] two little addons, to small and specific to
release?

Ralf Kefferpuetz, il 16/05/2020 11.40, ha scritto:
If you want to share your work I would be more than happy to give
feedback
to both.
Alberto:
Hi,
I agree, both add-ons seem very interesting. Even without a request to
include
them among official add-ons, I'd like to see their code in one or two
repositories.
Alberto

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hey, Christopher. Any news on that add-on that It message the user or it will report the user Whether the face is looking in the camera, please, because I need much of a function of these to make some lives disclosure of my work in these times pandemic!... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 16/05/2020 05:32, Antonio Cezar - Locutor escreveu:

[...]

I am working at the moment on this add-on and I had already done the biggest parts and solved the biggest problems. In a few days I could search for some guys who could test the add-on and can give me feedback.

all the best,

Christopher

Am 07.06.2020 um 21:53 schrieb Locutor Antonio Cezar:

[...]

Hello. I'm always available for testing this add-on... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar