Topics

the unofficial audacity addon: how install?

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
Today I discover an audacity addon that seems really complete.
The problem is that when I download the github master.zip, then I don't know how to install it.
Can you give a look at it?

https://github.com/Robert-J-H/AudacityTwoTwoPlus

Iván Novegil

You need to compile it first. Read https://github.com/nvdaaddons/DevGuide/wiki/NVDA-Add-on-Development-Guide, specially al regarding requirements and addon packaging. Remember that if you use Poedit, you have already got Gettext tools, you can add them to PATH or copy into the addon folder.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 04/02/2019 á(s) 11:12, Simone Dal Maso escribiu:

Hello,
Today I discover an audacity addon that seems really complete.
The problem is that when I download the github master.zip, then I don't know how to install it.
Can you give a look at it?

https://github.com/Robert-J-H/AudacityTwoTwoPlus

Robert Hänggi

Hi
For what Audacity Version do you need it?
It is apart from that only in/for English.

On 04/02/2019, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@...> wrote:
Hello,
Today I discover an audacity addon that seems really complete.
The problem is that when I download the github master.zip, then I don't
know how to install it.
Can you give a look at it?

https://github.com/Robert-J-H/AudacityTwoTwoPlus

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
I am italian but I have no problem with English terms.
installed today Audacity version 2.3.0.
I think it is really useful for musician, don't you think to make available a compiled version?
Thank you!
Il 04/02/2019 11:31, Robert Hänggi ha scritto:

Hi
For what Audacity Version do you need it?
It is apart from that only in/for English.
On 04/02/2019, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@...> wrote:
Hello,
Today I discover an audacity addon that seems really complete.
The problem is that when I download the github master.zip, then I don't
know how to install it.
Can you give a look at it?

https://github.com/Robert-J-H/AudacityTwoTwoPlus

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi,

I would like a binary version in .nvda-addon format too.

Regards.

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es

Logo NVDA Certified Expert

Brian's Mail list account

Who is the author? I firstly think you need to talk to Joseph about incompatibilities in the next version of nvda or the current alpha builds. If you know or are the author and its a good add on then encourage them to fix it and make it ready to be submitted for a review. Sadly I no longer myself use Audacity, but I'm sure somebody can test it etc.
I think Joseph has said many times there are a lot of add ons in that web site which will be flagged as incompatible in a month or so's time, and the authors really do need to give them a once over or find somebody who can or a lot of people will not be able to use them, and the message lists will be full of the xxx add on was disabled after the new version of nvda came out what can I do, questions.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es <https://nvda.es>
Twitter: @nvda_es <https://twitter.com/nvda_es>
Certificado en el programa NVDA Expert 2019
<https://certification.nvaccess.org>

Logo NVDA Certified Expert <https://certification.nvaccess.org>

[...]

Brian, the NVDA side is not the problem, it is even Python 3 ready.
It is rather that it supports an Audacity 2.3.0 alpha version, rather
than the official release. The difference is a different WX version
with changed control parameters which breaks my code.
I had simply not the time to update it and was actually not
enthusiastic about it because 2.3.0 has a performance bug which should
be corrected in 2.3.1 (was planned for January but they struggle with
64-bit builds for the Mac).
Anyways, I've downloaded the latest version of Audacity and see what
needs to be done.
Cheers
Robert

[...]

Rémy Ruiz

Hi Robert

Is the same add-on made by Paul called audacityAccessEnhancement?

https://rawgit.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/master/audacity/audacityAccessEnhancement-1.0.2.nvda-addon

(another unofficial audacity addon only in french of course)

Cheers since France.

Rémy