Topics

The Toolbars explorer add-on does not function in Google Chrome

Dejan Ristic

Hi to you, friends, members, and admins

Bearing in mind that NVDA 2018.4 is on its way, I'm duty-bound to express myself in relation to the issue already mentioned in the subject line.

When I press Alt plus Applications when in Chrome, NVDA says No toolbar found. When I press NVDA plus B to let NVDA read all the way round, NVDA sees the bookmarks toolbar in Chrome as it did before when I pressed Alt plus Applications. Note: the Bookmarks toolbar is the only one toolbar the add-on was able to see and manage, which made me happy. One more thing: The bookmarks bar in my Chrome is checked, which means that the add-on is supposed to handle it.

When I do the same in Word, on desktop, in Thunderbird, everything goes as expected.

NVDA version: 2018.3.2

Google Chrome version: Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows: Windows 7, 64 bit with SP1

Toolbars explorer add-on version: latest stable.

Alberto Buffolino

Dejan Ristic, il 07/12/2018 18.28, ha scritto:
When I press Alt plus Applications when in Chrome, NVDA says No toolbar found.
Alberto:
Hi Dejan,
thanks for reporting. It seems a problem with Chrome 71 or so... connected with a discrepance in object navigation, for which I'm attempting to find a workaround.
I hope to release a fixed dev version as soon as possible.
I not use Chrome usually, so thanks again.
Alberto

Alberto Buffolino

Dejan Ristic, il 07/12/2018 18.28, ha scritto:
Toolbars explorer add-on version: latest stable.
Alberto:
Hi Dejan,
try new 1.1-20181208-dev version, that should be downloadable at minutes:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/toolbarsExplorer.en.html
I know, it works more slowly than previous in Chrome, but it's the best I can do at the moment...
For the others: this build introduces also new compatibility flags.
Alberto

Dejan Ristic

Hi Alberto,

If you wait for my reply so long, excuse me.

The add-on works as it did before. As for its slowness you've already mentioned, it was present before, but it did not prevent me from entertaining myself with your great work expressed in the add-on.