Topics

TeamTalk and OpenTween test add-ons ready for NVDA beta 2019.3

Doug Lee

I have begun putting out test versions of add-ons for the beta of NVDA 2019.3. I am using a temporary web folder for these, so the URL for each will eventually change but will remain constant during this testing phase. By the
time I put them up for the public though, I will have already tested each function of each add-on for myself. So it has happened already for two of them:

TeamTalk: https://www.dlee.org/nvda3/TeamTalk%20Classic.nvda-addon
OpenTween: https://www.dlee.org/nvda3/opentween.nvda-addon

These are exclusively for NVDA 2019.3. For older stable NVDA versions, continue to use the add-on versions at the respective addresses already published. If a pointer remains on the community add-on site to any of these
add-ons, it will currently continue to point to the versions compatible with stable NVDA releases. I plan to change that once NVDA 2019.3 comes out of beta.

I advertise project updates in general, and these test add-on releases in particular, from my @dlee_code Twitter account. For these test add-ons, I am using the hashtag #nvda3 so people not concerned with NVDA or beta
releases can muffle the potentially numerous related tweets.

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
In healthy competition, the best battles are not for status, but for excellence;

Hi,
I think we do have an entry for TeamTalk, and if so, I'll update the
compatibility list to say "work in progress".

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
In healthy competition, the best battles are not for status, but for
excellence; and the battles are not between me and you, but between you and
you, and between me and me. (08/15/2009)

Doug Lee

I believe you do have both a TeamTalk compatibility entry and a link to my site from the add-ons page. Based on the below announcement which I just sent to Twitter, I consider my work complete for the TeamTalk and OpenTween
add-ons for 2019.3 support. The add-ons for 2019.3 and 2019.2 and dolder will remain separate; so until 2019.3 comes out, the original direct links to add-ons will continue to grab the 2019.2 versions. The locations of the
2019.3 add-ons for these two projects, though, are now set and not in a temporary space.

The announcement:

NVDA #nvda3 add-on news for OpenTween and TeamTalk:
The https://www.dlee.org/teamtalk/NVDA/ link includes add-ons for both current (2019.2) and beta (2019.3) NVDA versions.
The https://www.dlee.org/tween/resources.htm link does the same for OpenTween.
These are my official URLs for these projects.

On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 04:48:28PM -0800, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Hi,
Compatibility list has been updated.