Topics

TeamSpeak add-on update, and NVDA 2019.3 anomaly

Doug Lee

I tried to update the TeamSpeak NVDA add-on I maintain to support NVDA 2019.3; but as indicated in the following Twitter announcement, I ran into a problem which I will better detail below.

The announcement:

Status of NVDA #nvda3 Python 3 add-on for TeamSpeak:
NVDA 2019.3 beta, even with add-ons disabled, does not work at all on my machine while TeamSpeak 3.3.2.0 is in focus. Even NVDA+n does not work there.
Work on this add-on is suspended pending resolution of this oddity.

Details:

Once TeamSpeak takes focus:
* NVDA+t says nothing.
* Tab and Shift+Tab say nothing.
* NVDA+n says nothing.
* Alt+Tab works to get focus out of TeamSpeak, after which things in NVDA return to normal.
* This applies even if I start NVDA 2019.3 with add-ons disabled.
* This does not occur at all in NVDA 2019.2.
* No log entries appear during all of the above odd behavior.

I suspect keyboard handler issues in NVDA 2019.3 itself, but that's a guess. I'm writing here to find out if anyone else has encountered something like this under the beta NVDA version.

I should mention that TeamSpeak 3.3.2.0 is written against Qt 5.12.3, which uses UIA rather than MSAA as was done in older Qt versions.

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds

Hi,
Is it somehow set to go to sleep mode in there? I doubt that's the case
unless something in 2019.3 did change something.

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!') but rather 'hmm....
that's funny...'" -- Isaac Asimov

Brian's Mail list account

Could there be an existing app module that simply does not work in the new version of the program since its been written with a different package using different accessibility methods?

I'm remembering the mess the new revo uninstaller has become.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'