Topics

Speechplay in espeak VS. Emoticons

Ján Kulik

Hi everione, I have installed Speechplayer in ESpeak version 0.4.1.
Interestingly, with the ESpeak NG driver alone, NVDA reads all my
emoticons, with Speech player in ESpeak no emoticons tell me. Can the
emoticons be re-conveyed so that all of them are announced to
Speechplayer in ESpeak? I have found that the Emoticons plugin no longer
needs to be installed.

best regars,

Jan

--
Ján Kulik

Brian's Mail list account

I understand that the speech player in Espeak won't work from the start of the next version after this, is this true?
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hi everione, I have installed Speechplayer in ESpeak version 0.4.1.
Interestingly, with the ESpeak NG driver alone, NVDA reads all my
emoticons, with Speech player in ESpeak no emoticons tell me. Can the
emoticons be re-conveyed so that all of them are announced to
Speechplayer in ESpeak? I have found that the Emoticons plugin no longer
needs to be installed.

best regars,

Jan

--
Ján Kulik

Ján Kulik

I've noticed 2 different things The latest version of ESpeak NG tells
all the emoticons with graphics, with Speechplayer in espeak talking
only graphics, but not all the new emoticons.

--
Ján Kulik

Timothy

Using version 0.4.1 of the add-on [1], I was able to get the synthesizer to read the emojis just fine. Just make sure your punctuation level is set to Some or greater.

Timothy

[1]: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda-addons/speechPlayerInEspeak-0.4.nvda-addon

Hi everione, I have installed Speechplayer in ESpeak version 0.4.1.
Interestingly, with the ESpeak NG driver alone, NVDA reads all my
emoticons, with Speech player in ESpeak no emoticons tell me. Can the
emoticons be re-conveyed so that all of them are announced to
Speechplayer in ESpeak? I have found that the Emoticons plugin no longer
needs to be installed.

best regars,

Jan

--
Ján Kulik

Noelia Ruiz

El 07/12/2018 a las 13:02, Ján Kulik escribió:

El 07/12/2018 a las 13:02, Ján Kulik escribió:
Note that the Emoticons add-on can still be installed if you want support for regular expressions or occidental emoticons compossed by symbols like colon, semicolon, etc.

Cheers