Topics

Speech History Not Working

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

The Speech History add-on running on my NVDA version 2020.2 Beta 1
does not appear in the list of incompatible add-ons. However, it
doesn't work either. Nothing happens when I press F12, Shift+F11 or
Shift+F12. I was wondering if you could share a status update on this
add-on.

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...

Which version of the add-on are you running? Have you atempted to completely uninstall it and then reinstall the very latest version?

On 20/06/2020 at 8:51 am, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
The Speech History add-on running on my NVDA version 2020.2 Beta 1
does not appear in the list of incompatible add-ons. However, it
doesn't work either. Nothing happens when I press F12, Shift+F11 or
Shift+F12. I was wondering if you could share a status update on this
add-on.
I would truly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.

Bhavya shah

Dear James,

I only just installed version 2020.2 of the add-on from the website.
Here is the likely issue: the status of the Speech History add-on as
shown in the Addons Manager dialog is "enabled after restart."
Furthermore, when I try to exit the Addons Manager, and this has begun
happening only after the installation of the Speech History addon
today, I am prompted to restart NVDA in order for some add-on changes
to take effect. However, restarting end number of times does not help.
Therefore, I think the problem lies with getting the add-on enabled in
the first place.

Thanks.

On 6/20/20, James Scholes <james@...> wrote:
Which version of the add-on are you running? Have you atempted to
completely uninstall it and then reinstall the very latest version?

On 20/06/2020 at 8:51 am, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,

The Speech History add-on running on my NVDA version 2020.2 Beta 1
does not appear in the list of incompatible add-ons. However, it
doesn't work either. Nothing happens when I press F12, Shift+F11 or
Shift+F12. I was wondering if you could share a status update on this
add-on.

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...

Ján Kulik

Try removing addon speech history manually. To do this, open the personal folder% username, search for the app-data item, find Roaming there, then click on NVDA and the addons folder there. If you have Windows 10, run Microsoft narator Win + CTRL + enter.

Dňa 20. 6. 2020 o 23:48 Bhavya shah napísal(a):

--
Ján Kulik

James Scholes

Please see https://github.com/jscholes/nvda-speech-history/issues/12 for a solution.

On 20/06/2020 at 4:48 pm, Bhavya shah wrote:
[...]

Dear Ján and James,

Thank you so much for the solution! I uninstalled Speech History,
manually removed the Speech History folder from the specified
directory path, restarted NVDA, re-installed the latest version of
Speech History, and now have the add-on working like a charm. This is
a genuinely useful piece of functionality that I am truly thankful
for.

Thanks.