Topics

Resource Monitor: June 16th development snapshot posted

Hi all,

I’m still in vacation, but I’m releasing a development build of Resource Monitor add-on today in response to announcements from Microsoft:

Resource Monitor June 16th development build is now available. This build is meant for Windows Insiders using upcoming Version 20H2 builds.

Cheers,

Joseph

its not on the website.
how to download

On 6/17/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm still in vacation, but I'm releasing a development build of Resource
Monitor add-on today in response to announcements from Microsoft:

Resource Monitor June 16th development build is now available. This build
is
meant for Windows Insiders using upcoming Version 20H2 builds.

Cheers,

Joseph

--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Hi,

It won't show up on add-ons website prominently as this is a development branch release. You need to manually switch to dev channel by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater and selecting Resource Monitor from "prefer development releases" list.

I expect to release another dev branch snapshto next week. Together, these builds (and a mystery change) will show up as part of Resource Monitor 20.07.

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account

So what about windows 7 users, I'm assuming that version will be always retained or the resource monitor will be compatible with both versions of windows.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Resource Monitor: June 16th development snapshot posted

Hi,

It won't show up on add-ons website prominently as this is a development branch release. You need to manually switch to dev channel by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater and selecting Resource Monitor from "prefer development releases" list.

I expect to release another dev branch snapshto next week. Together, these builds (and a mystery change) will show up as part of Resource Monitor 20.07.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Akash Kakkar

What is the microsoft announcement?

On 6/17/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for
it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

The next Windows 10 feature update will be similar to Version 1909 (November 2019 Update). However, it won't be named Version 20MM anymore - it'll be called 20H2. The development build released yesterday reflects this change when you press NVDA+Shift+Number row 6 on a computer running the upcoming feature update.

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account

Hopefully that will be a long time judging by the number of hospitals I see still using it and one supposes paying Microsoft for updates to it.
I have no beef with 10, except it won't run software I depend on correctly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Resource Monitor: June 16th development snapshot posted

Hi,

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for it.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,
Things can change, as NV Access learned a few years ago when trying to support grammar error announcement in Word that didn't work in XP. I expect something similar to happen with Windows 7, perhaps by 2023.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:46 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

Hopefully that will be a long time judging by the number of hospitals I see still using it and one supposes paying Microsoft for updates to it.
I have no beef with 10, except it won't run software I depend on correctly.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 6:53 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph