Topics

Resource Monitor: June 16th development snapshot posted

Hi all,

I’m still in vacation, but I’m releasing a development build of Resource Monitor add-on today in response to announcements from Microsoft:

Resource Monitor June 16th development build is now available. This build is meant for Windows Insiders using upcoming Version 20H2 builds.

its not on the website.
how to download

On 6/17/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm still in vacation, but I'm releasing a development build of Resource
Monitor add-on today in response to announcements from Microsoft:

Resource Monitor June 16th development build is now available. This build
is
meant for Windows Insiders using upcoming Version 20H2 builds.

@austin
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Hi,

It won't show up on add-ons website prominently as this is a development branch release. You need to manually switch to dev channel by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater and selecting Resource Monitor from "prefer development releases" list.

I expect to release another dev branch snapshto next week. Together, these builds (and a mystery change) will show up as part of Resource Monitor 20.07.

So what about windows 7 users, I'm assuming that version will be always retained or the resource monitor will be compatible with both versions of windows.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

It won't show up on add-ons website prominently as this is a development branch release. You need to manually switch to dev channel by going to NVDA menu/Preferences/Settings/Add-on Updater and selecting Resource Monitor from "prefer development releases" list.

I expect to release another dev branch snapshto next week. Together, these builds (and a mystery change) will show up as part of Resource Monitor 20.07.

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for it.

Akash Kakkar

What is the microsoft announcement?

On 6/17/20, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
Hi,

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for
it.

The next Windows 10 feature update will be similar to Version 1909 (November 2019 Update). However, it won't be named Version 20MM anymore - it'll be called 20H2. The development build released yesterday reflects this change when you press NVDA+Shift+Number row 6 on a computer running the upcoming feature update.

Hopefully that will be a long time judging by the number of hospitals I see still using it and one supposes paying Microsoft for updates to it.
I have no beef with 10, except it won't run software I depend on correctly.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I plan to maintain support for Windows 7 until NVDA itself drops support for it.

Things can change, as NV Access learned a few years ago when trying to support grammar error announcement in Word that didn't work in XP. I expect something similar to happen with Windows 7, perhaps by 2023.