Topics

Resource Monitor 20.11 localization update, November 13th development snapshot #addonrelease

Hi all,

Resource Monitor 20.11 is now available. This version includes localization updates. As always, you can check for the new version through Add-on Updater or visiting NVDA community add-ons website.

Also, for our adventurous users, November 13th development snapshot of Resource Monitor is also available (you must tell Add-on Updater to check for development releases). This snapshot includes a preview of what’s coming in version 21.01 (January 2021), including:

  • Windows version messages: the words “Windows version” are no longer announced (NVDA+Shift+6).
  • Windows build.revision: if you are using Windows 10, you will notice that NVDA will announce build.revision (such as 19042.630). This announcement is now available for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 users as well. I will not make it available for Windows 7 and 8 because they are no longer supported by Microsoft (for consumers), and I’ll not be accepting any suggestions or pull requests regarding it.
  • Internal changes to prepare for future NVDA releases (too early to talk about specifics).

As always, feedback is appreciated.

I’ll be requesting 2021 code review for this add-on in January (as part of ongoing review process). In addition to basic review, I would like to request deeper security reviews then.

Cheers,

Jsoeph

[...]

Manolo

Hi Joseph, I wanted to ask you for a long time! But on Resource Monitor is it possible to insert the CPU temperature monitoring?

Regards!

Il 13/11/2020 18:14, Joseph Lee ha scritto:

Hi all,

[...]

Someone was researching it but there’s no recent progress. I think a better way to find out CPU temperature is using programs such as Speccy.

[...]

Well if Microsoft are not supporting windows 7, how is it that they produce Edge for it and continue to supply windows updates for their anti viurus system.
Still there are probably no pressing items other than existing functionality to do for windows 7. I read somewhere recently that Windows 7 machines still outnumber the Windows 8 ones due to the fact most people thought that version was a mess! grin.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Speedfan can do it but I don't consider it very accessible. Its using one of the busses as far as I can see. There are several different temperatures of various items, so it could get quite involved. It is interesting though, as its a real time thing, like processor loading and a good replacement for the graphicl Windows indication on this might be nice to have, say a variable tone that always plays low level varying as different things are opened.
Brian
bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Edge on Windows 7 is mostly to guarantee secure web browsing experience for
consumers and businesses, and it won't be supported for a long time. It has
nothing to do with my decision to not backport build.revision announcement
to Windows 7 and 8.