Topics

Regarding formatings on Braille Extender beta

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi

How can I turn of teh reporting of formatings which Show up in Brailel Braille? And how can I make that only underline, bolt, italic, etc are marked with e. g. 7 & 8 dots?

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

André-Abush Clause

Hi Cristina,

You can enable/disable any formatting report in Braille Extender's settings:
=> NVDA Menu > Braille Extender > Settings... > Document formatting > info to report.
Using up/down arrows keys to select items (such as color, font name, font size, page number, etc.) and check/uncheck with space bar.

Then you can customize the representation for attributes (tags, dot 7, dot 8, dots 7 and 8, etc.) by clicking "attributes..." button.

In this regard there're currently  several bugs in the dev versions so i recommend you to use the stable version If you are in production environment.

Hope that helps,

André

Le 26/07/2020 à 13:48, Cristina Ebetiuc a écrit :

Hi

How can I turn of teh reporting of formatings which Show up in Brailel Braille? And how can I make that only underline, bolt, italic, etc are marked with e. g. 7 & 8 dots?

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Devin Prater

Why not use Liblouis’ braille table formatting symbols for most of this? I know color may not be representable in braille besides using these dot ⅞ workarounds, but braille tables should have a way to show italics, bold, underline, etc., and I think these should be used rather than status cells, which are not precise, or dots 7 and 8, which can make reading more difficult.

On Jul 26, 2020, at 7:51 AM, André-Abush Clause via groups.io <listes@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks André!

[...]

Liblouis is also available in representation choices. All tables don't have such rules and it's not as flexible. Status cells are not still available in the add-on.

Le 26/07/2020 à 15:04, Devin Prater a écrit :

[...]

André, can I get a link to stay uptodate with news About the  addon? What is Liblues?

[...]

The best way to follow the add-on development is the GitHub repository. In particular, you can consult pull requests and issues opened. => https://github.com/Andre9642/BrailleExtender/

Liblouis is the open-source braille translator (and back-translator) included in NVDA. Braille tables are part of Liblouis.