From: "Oliver Edholm" <oliver.edholm@...>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 12:16 PM
Subject: [nvda-addons] Regarding captcha solver

Hi!

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver, sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

Robert Hänggi

Sorry, but that's an exorbitant fee.
I could obtain much more valuable content for that monthly money.
The access to the whole Swiss library for the blind costs a mere
quarter in a year.
Robert

This always happens, sadly. To me, the sites who use the most recent sort
like click the picture with traffic lights in it, or click the square box
below if you are not a robot, are almost completely unsolvable by us.
Firstly the graphics have junk names and of course the box is one assumes
just a bit of graphic as well.

I have said it before, a return email system seems to be fine for many
companies, and all the others deserve to lose custom.
Just my view.
Sorry, I'll shut up now.
Brian
bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

Beqa Gozalishvili

sorry, but i'll agree with robert.

there are lots of captcha solver services which work pay as you go.

10 usd for month is a bit exaggerated for such kind of thing.

--
with best regards beqa

Timothy

Yes, but remember this is quite a smaller market, so for Mr. Edholm to recuperate the cost he puts into using these types of services, e.g., crowdsourcing, you'd have to pay a higher amount as this isn't cheap in the first place, especially if it comes to sustainability.

Timothy

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

Luke Davis <newanswertech@...>

Perhaps, but he's priced himself out of most of those in this market who would otherwise pay.

For normal captchas, 90% of those I find in a year have an audio option that works. For those that don't, I can use the Be My Eyes app on a smartphone, for free, to have an actual human look at the thing and tell me what to type.

The "click all the busses" type are not so easy, however, and I'm not sure his plugin covers those anyway. They are very hard for even GANs to handle currently.

I'd sooner pay a few dollars to solve a particular captcha, than do it as a subscription of any kind. So if he offered a pay-per-captcha option, and could handle the "click all the whatever" types, I would personally be inclined to consider it.

But, of course he's free to charge whatever he wants, I just don't see many in the blind community paying what he's asking under the current structure.

Luke

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019, Timothy via Groups.Io wrote:

Yes, but remember this is quite a smaller market, so for Mr. Edholm to recuperate the cost he puts into using these types of services, e.g., crowdsourcing, you'd have to pay a higher amount as this isn't cheap in the first place, especially if it comes to sustainability.

Timothy

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

Most of the sites these days do use recapcha and if it works when it works as long as you get the audio snippit then its fine enough.

Sadly 10 bucks a month is to steep.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Oliver Edholm" <oliver.edholm@...>
Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver, sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

.

Well maybe I'd pay 10 bucks a year for what I use of it but a month, no.

On 7/08/2019 3:23 AM, Timothy via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Well I rarely use the system more than once a year if that.

I have been spending cash on cast equipment, and a load of other things.

I do not care for any subscriptions either.

The only sub I am on is my bcab membership and I am seriously thinking of lapsing it because nothing much has come out of it since its all in the uk.

On 7/08/2019 7:08 AM, Luke Davis wrote:
[...]

Stefan Moisei

Well,
on the same small market, captchabegone.com costs 3$ monthly fee for this service.
Also, last time I checked, free webvisum still worked with firefox 52 portable. that's my setup for captchas.

Yes, but remember this is quite a smaller market, so for Mr. Edholm to recuperate the cost he puts into using these types of services, e.g., crowdsourcing, you'd have to pay a higher amount as this isn't cheap in the first place, especially if it comes to sustainability.

Timothy

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

Joseph Weakland

have the browser called seamonkey and there is a special version of webvisum tht interfaces with it:)

Timothy

Ah, but it's not the same market. CAPTCHA Be Gone works with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This add-on, on the other hand, only works with Chrome, and as far as I know, is not as well-known or publicized. For some reason, it looks like there are still a lot of Internet Explorer users for who knows why, given its end-of-life status as well as its low performance.

I'm sure Oliver has his reasons for giving the price he gave, given market metric and and operating costs, and if it's not something you can opt into in its current model, then other alternatives do exist as listed in the thread, and this price point is not for you. Simple as that.

Timothy

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service
and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply
and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like
PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

I need this I need this everyday

On 8/7/19, Timothy via Groups.Io <tmthywynn8=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

for if you persaveer. you will konker never feer. try try try again

mattias

Captcahbegone are no longer active

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

> Ah, but it's not the same market. CAPTCHA Be Gone works with Chrome,

> Firefox, and Internet Explorer. This add-on, on the other hand, only works

> with Chrome, and as far as I know, is not as well-known or publicized. For

> some reason, it looks like there are still a lot of Internet Explorer users

> for who knows why, given its end-of-life status as well as its low

> performance.

> I'm sure Oliver has his reasons for giving the price he gave, given market

> metric and and operating costs, and if it's not something you can opt into

> in its current model, then other alternatives do exist as listed in the

> thread, and this price point is not for you. Simple as that.

> Timothy

>>> Robert

--

for if you persaveer. you will konker never feer. try try try again

mattias

as i say

if some people do wrong with the service all should be .....

On 2019-08-06 17:23, Timothy via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes, but remember this is quite a smaller market, so for Mr. Edholm to recuperate the cost he puts into using these types of services, e.g., crowdsourcing, you'd have to pay a higher amount as this isn't cheap in the first place, especially if it comes to sustainability.

Timothy

Sending this since many people have emailed me regarding captcha solver,
sorry to say, but right now because of an increasing amount of people who
exploit it, I have to charge 10 USD dollars/month to sustain the service and

get rid of the people who use it for wrong purposes.

Sad it had to get to this point, if you're still interested please reply and

I'll set up everything, payments go through a reputable provider like PayPal

or similar. Email is: oliver.edholm@...

Regards,
Oliver

derek riemer

if you're signed into a google account, often you won't even get a captcha.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.