Topics

Questions about golden cursor

Andy B.

Hi,

I run flight simulators by the name of FSX and p3d (prepar3d). There is an addon called FSTramp which has docked windows inside of the flight simulator window. The only way to access this addon is with review cursor, routing the mouse to a specific UI object, then left or right clicking on it. Unfortunately, the UI goes freeky sometimes and refuses to let us left or right click things. I am guessing it is because the window either has an overlay, or is docked the wrong way.

Is it possible for golden cursor to find something like the word ‘plan’ located at a particular location inside this window and left click it?

Robert Hänggi

You could do an OCR on that page, navigate to "Plan", read the
position with NVDA+Del (with object review enabled) and enter the
position in GoldenCursor's jump dialog.
You could also write an appmodule that does the OCR in the background
and examine the result data. It holds a list of x,y,h,w,text
dictionaries and you can reorganize it so that the text is the key and
activate the coordinates with the mouse (after converting them to
screen coordinates).

I think the text recognition could have some more features to improve
the experience.
- NVDA+Slash would route the mouse pointer to the word you're on in
the recognition result
- Since find doesn't work in this window, we could at least provide
first/second letter navigation. That is, pressing p would circle
through until you're on "Plan" or rapidly typing P+L might bring you
there even faster.
Robert