Topics

question about invoking windows settings from NVDA

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I've set a button in a SettingsPanel class. I want that when it is pressed a Windows dialog will open where some parameters have to be modified.

I've done this:

    def onWindowsSettingsButton(self, evt):
        subprocess.run(("control.exe", "keyboard"))

It works but I have a problem. The Windows dialog open behind. I want it to open in the foreground and let the NVDA dialog remain in the background. ¿It's possible?

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

James Scholes

Find the newly opened window, e.g. via EnumWindows, FindWindow or FindWindowEx, and then focus it.

On 13/02/2021 at 10:45 am, Javi Domínguez wrote:
Hello.

I've set a button in a SettingsPanel class. I want that when it is
pressed a Windows dialog will open where some parameters have to be
modified.

I've done this:

    def onWindowsSettingsButton(self, evt):
        subprocess.run(("control.exe", "keyboard"))

It works but I have a problem. The Windows dialog open behind. I want it
to open in the foreground and let the NVDA dialog remain in the
background. ¿It's possible?

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

James Scholes

I should say, you can also probably find the window via NVDA object nav, starting from desktop, and then focus it that way. But that may be slower.