From: Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...>
Date: Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Publish NVDA add-ons on the official web site
To: Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...>

Hi Derek,
I have released 3 updates to my NVDA add-ons and 1 new add-on, could you help me to update the links in get.php file?

SentenceNav:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.4/SentenceNav-2.4.nvda-addon

TextNav:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/releases/download/v1.1/textnav-1.1.nvda-addon

IndentNav:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-indent-nav/releases/download/v1.5/IndentNav-1.5.nvda-addon

BrowserNav (new add-on):
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.0/BrowserNav-1.0.nvda-addon

Thanks!
Tony

On 11/16/2018 3:16 AM, Derek Riemer wrote:
No problem. I just figured you'd prefer more control over your content now that you're uploading more.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:51 PM Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:
Thanks Derek, I think I figured out how to upload and update add-ons on the website. Next time I won’t bother you.

On Nov 9, 2018, at 9:11 PM, Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:

Read this and feel free to ask me if you have any more questions. addons are under website/addons, and there's the addonfiles repository you need to be able to push to as well.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 8:57 PM Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:

Actually, could you explain to me how to upload and update add-ons? Or should I talk to Joseph? I think Noelia invited me to some translations group, but I'm not sure if that's the right place, and I don't know the details, like where to upload my stuff, the name of repository, etc.

Thanks

Tony

On 11/9/2018 7:51 PM, Tony Malykh wrote:

Yes, Noelia Ruiz has already invited me to translations group, but I haven't had time to figure it out yet. In the future I'll hopefully do it myself.

On 11/9/2018 7:20 PM, Derek Riemer wrote:
Absolutely. BTW, do you want to be able to do this yourself? If so, I'll have joseph invite you to translations so you have access to the systems.

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM Tony Malykh <anton.malykh@...> wrote:
Hi Derek,

Could you help me to publish my add-ons on the official NVDA add-ons
website? There are 4 of them: 3 new add-ons and 1 update (SentenceNav).
You can find the links and descriptions below in this email.

Thank you

Tony

# Update: SentenceNav v2.0
     Binary:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.0/SentenceNav-2.0.nvda-addon

     Source:
     https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/
     SentenceNav is an NVDA add-on that allows you to read text by
sentences, as opposed to by paragraphs or words.
     Please note that "Jump to next  paragraph with text" feature has
been move to [TextNav](http://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/) add-on
that needs to be installed separately.
     Keystrokes
     * Alt+Down: Go to next sentence.
     * Alt+Up: Go to previous sentence.
     * NVDA+Alt+S: Speak current sentence.
     * Alt+Windows+Down: Go to next phrase.
     * Alt+Windows+Up: Go to previous phrase.

# New add-on: TextNav v1.0
     Binary:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/releases/download/v1.0/textnav-1.0.nvda-addon
     Source:
     https://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/
     TextNav allows you to find text that you want to read on a web page
in just a single keystroke.
     More precisely, it adds a keystroke to jump to next or previous
text paragraphs - that is a paragraph containing one or more sentences.
     This feature might be useful to quickly find the textual part of a
web page or to skip over menus, advertisements and other not important
page elements.
     Keystrokes:
     * Alt+Shift+Down: Go to next text paragraph.
     * Alt+Shift+Up: Go to previous text paragraph.

# New add-on: BluetoothAudio v1.0
     Binary:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-bluetooth-audio/releases/download/v1.0/bluetoothaudio-1.0.nvda-addon
     Source:
     https://github.com/mltony/nvda-bluetooth-audio/
     Bluetooth Audio is an NVDA add-on that improves sound quality when
working with bluetooth headphones or speakers.
     Most bluetooth devices enter standby mode after a few seconds of
inactivity. That means that when NVDA starts speaking again, the first
split second of sound will be lost. Bluetooth Audio add-on prevents
bluetooth devices from entering standby mode by constantly playing a
silent sound, that is inaudible to a human ear.
     Warning: using Bluetooth Audio add-on might reduce battery life of
your bluetooth device.

# New add-on: AudioChart v1.0
     Binary:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-audio-chart/releases/download/v1.0/audioChart-1.0.nvda-addon
     Source:
     https://github.com/mltony/nvda-audio-chart/
     AudioChart add-on for NVDA allows you to play excel time series as
a continuous sound.
     Usage:
     Select a cell or a column of cells containing time series in
Microsoft Excel.
     Keystrokes:
     * NVDA+A: Play audio chart.
     * NVDA+A twice quickly: Show calibration dialog window.
     In laptop layout, press NVDA+Control+Shift+A instead.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Before they go up, I’d like to make sure these add-ons come with revised add-on compatibility flags for compatibility with current and future NVDA releases. Thanks.

I'm setting up a new computer ATM, can someone get this done? I'm not going to be able to do this for a few days.

[...]

Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Derek Riemer
Improving the world one byte at a time!        ⠠⠊⠍⠏⠗⠕⠧⠬ ⠸⠺ ⠐⠕ ⠃⠽⠞⠑ ⠁⠞ ⠐⠞⠖
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

The new add-on releases have failed new compatibility flag checks in alpha builds. Although I’ll make an official announcement once 2019.1 beta ships, you must now include minor tag (e.g. 2018.1.0).

Please choose from one of the following: you can do it from author’s side, or I can do it.

[...]

Tony Malykh

Hi Joseph,

I will fix the flags, make new releases and send the updated links here. Hopefully later this week.

Just to be clear, you are talking about addon_minimumNVDAVersion and addon_lastTestedNVDAVersion flags? It seems like I should just add .0 minor suffix to all values.

--Tony

On 2/3/2019 7:17 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

[...]

Yes, these are the flags I’m talking about, and thanks for taking care of it.

[...]

Here are my add-ons with updated compatibility flags. Could you please update get.php file?

    SentenceNav:
        https://github.com/mltony/nvda-sentence-nav/releases/download/v2.5/SentenceNav-2.5.nvda-addon
    TextNav:
        https://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/releases/download/v1.2/textnav-1.2.nvda-addon
    IndentNav:
        https://github.com/mltony/nvda-indent-nav/releases/download/v1.6/IndentNav-1.6.nvda-addon
    BrowserNav:
        https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/releases/download/v1.1/BrowserNav-1.1.nvda-addon

Thanks

--Tony

On 2/4/2019 12:12 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,
[...]

You know tony with so many nav addons you could almost have a nav suite with all things bundled into 1 file.

On 19/02/2019 12:59 PM, Tony Malykh wrote:

[...]

marcio

I agree. This add-on could well be only one with settings to these "sub-add-ons".

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 19/02/2019 00:05, Shaun Everiss escreveu:

[...]

It appears one of these add-ons might be merged into NVDA at some point (rather, parts of it did as of today).

[...]

Oh, it'd be nice to have at least one of these merged into NVDA.
By the way, I know it's not topic for this list but are you into the discussions the folks are having regarding an option to turn on and off the report of graphical elements on a webpage or whatever that could have one of them?

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 19/02/2019 01:58, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi,

[...]

I’m not following graphics discussion at the moment due to more important matters at hand (schoolwork being one of them).

[...]

One thing is that I hope SentenceNav and TextNav could one day become a part of NVDA core. IndentNav is targeted primarily at developers, and so it won't be probably very useful to non-technical people.

Another thing is that features need catchy names in order to promote them. It is much easier to say "use TextNav" then to say "install Tony's Nav addon and try NVDA+Control+Shift+something keystroke". I tried both ways here, catchy names approach does work. There is more work for me to update all these add-ons individually though.

--Tony