Topics

Proposal: town hall style (informal) meetings between add-on users and developers in NVDACon 2020

Hi all,

According to NVDACon 2020 organizers, the event is still accepting topic submissions. If you do have topics you want to discuss in relation to the conference theme (Bridging The Distance), please send an email to info@....

Besides that, as NVDACon gives us an opportunity to socialize and meet add-on users and developers, I propose that add-on authors think about hosting informal meetings with users of their add-ons throughout the conference. This will let users talk to authors of favorite add-ons, and for add-on developers to receive suggestions and bug reports on the spot. I have asked the conference organizers about hosting a meeting with users of my add-ons (Add-on Updater, Resource Monitor, etc.).

Robert Hänggi

Excellent idea.

This is a good format for established developers that want to connect
with their fans and users and get feedback on features they've
introduced throughout the last year.

Robert

info@... <mailto:info@...> .

Besides that, as NVDACon gives us an opportunity to socialize and meet
add-on users and developers, I propose that add-on authors think about
hosting informal meetings with users of their add-ons throughout the
conference. This will let users talk to authors of favorite add-ons, and
for
add-on developers to receive suggestions and bug reports on the spot. I
have
asked the conference organizers about hosting a meeting with users of my
add-ons (Add-on Updater, Resource Monitor, etc.).

hamidreza abroshan

Hi,
how can users participate in?
thanks.

On 10/21/20, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
[...]

hamidreza

Robert Hänggi

On 21/10/2020, hamidreza abroshan <hamidreza.abroshan@...> wrote:
Hi,
how can users participate in?
thanks.
Do you mean during the panel discussion or the conference in general?
Regards
Robert
[...]

I wanted to know how to register for this discussion?
Which app should I install?
What is the exact time of discussion?
thanks.

--
hamidreza

Robert Hänggi

Hi
On 24/10/2020, hamidreza abroshan <hamidreza.abroshan@...> wrote:
I wanted to know how to register for this discussion?
No registration per se, just log on to the NVDACon server at the right time.
Which app should I install?
We use TeamTalk 5 from www.bearware.dk. Make sure to install the
classic version with enhanced accessibility.
There's also an add-on from Doug Lee available with even more functionality:
https://www.dlee.org/teamtalk/NVDA/
The log-in details can be found at our website, in particular:
https://www.nvdacon.org/how-to-join-us
What is the exact time of discussion?
The events aren't scheduled until all topic requests have been
submitted and reviewed.
We will inform through the different mailing lists, Facebook, Twitter
and of course our website.
Regards
Robert

[...]

Hi Robert,
thanks for your grate explanation.
how can i submit a topic?
Can I suggest new proposal for new addon or Only allowed to post
request about existing addons?
thanks.

On 10/24/20, Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
[...]

Please propose an NVDACon topic, not add-on suggestions as they are completely different issues.

[...]

Hi hamidreza
You can of course propose a new add-on. This is normally done on this
list. and less during the conference.
Having said that, you can bring up your wishes during the opening and
closing forums or at the town hall sessions.
The problem is to find an author who finds it worthwhile to spend his
time on creating an add-on. After all, it has to be something that he
needs himself. Experience shows that the more specialized (e.g. a rare
used application) is the less the probability that someone undertakes
the endeavour.

Best
Robert