Pc Keyboard Braille Input prerelease

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

Unless critical issues are found, I'll make a PR against addonFiles
repo to request the inclusion of the 21.1 version of this add-on,
compatible with NVDA 2021.1.

Here's a prerelease. It's linted with Flake8 and has an extra
conditional sentence to prevent that NVDA tries to speak dots if the
One hand mode is not enabled, even when the option to speak dots in
One hand mode is checked.

Please test and provide feedback if you find errors here. Otherwise
I'll create the PR tomorrow.

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/latest/pcKbBrl-e9ce01f88e06da3f122e03bab2e0a4565d9b4326.nvda-addon

bering.p

Hello Noelia.
Thank you very much for this update.
This is good because I am currently using this add-on to simulate braille commands.
I don't have a braille keyboard and don't know much about braille.
I might make a wrong move but here is the error I found in the log.
ERROR - unhandled exception (09:28:53.848) - winInputHook (3520):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 232, in 'calling callback function'
  File "winInputHook.pyc", line 51, in keyboardHook
  File "F:\documents\Paulo\temp\nvda 2021.1 beta\userConfig\addons\pcKbBrl\globalPlugins\pcKbBrl.py", line 233, in _keyUp
    brailleInput.speakDots(self._dot)
  File "brailleInput.pyc", line 468, in speakDots
  File "brailleInput.pyc", line 462, in formatDotNumbers
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'str' and 'int'
ERROR - unhandled exception (09:28:59.571) - winInputHook (3520):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "_ctypes/callbacks.c", line 232, in 'calling callback function'
  File "winInputHook.pyc", line 51, in keyboardHook
  File "F:\documents\Paulo\temp\nvda 2021.1 beta\userConfig\addons\pcKbBrl\globalPlugins\pcKbBrl.py", line 233, in _keyUp
    brailleInput.speakDots(self._dot)
  File "brailleInput.pyc", line 468, in speakDots
  File "brailleInput.pyc", line 462, in formatDotNumbers
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'str' and 'int'

The maneuver is:
- "nvda+0" to enable Braille input from PC keyboard,
- "j" for "dot1",
- "space" bar.

the configuration of PC Keyboard Braille Input is:
- Type using one hand checked
- Speak dot when typing with one hand case checked

Tests with:
-  NVDA version 2021.1beta1
- Windows 10 21H1 (10.0.19043) workstation
Error occurs also with NVDA 2020.4.

Small question:

Can we use the nvda, alt, control, shift keys in two hand configuration ?
And if yes, how ?
Thank you.
Sorry but the message is an automatic translation.
Best regards.
Paul.

Paul.
Le 05/06/2021 11:36, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :

Hello:

Unless critical issues are found, I'll make a PR against addonFiles
repo to request the inclusion of the 21.1 version of this add-on,
compatible with NVDA 2021.1.

Here's a prerelease. It's linted with Flake8 and has an extra
conditional sentence to prevent that NVDA tries to speak dots if the
One hand mode is not enabled, even when the option to speak dots in
One hand mode is checked.

Please test and provide feedback if you find errors here. Otherwise
I'll create the PR tomorrow.

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/latest/pcKbBrl-e9ce01f88e06da3f122e03bab2e0a4565d9b4326.nvda-addon

Noelia Ruiz

Many thanks, Paul. I will see this before requesting to post the add-on on the website. Kind regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 6 jun 2021, a las 9:53, bering.p <bering.p@...> escribió:

[...]

Hi Paul, regarding the question about pressing control+alt+delete, it
works. One hand mode doesn't impose to use just one hand. Instead, it
allows to press dots separately, but this is not mandatory.
Regarding the bug reported by you, I cannot reproduce it even using
French keyboard. Can you test this with other add-ons disabled in case
you haven't done it?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

El 6 jun 2021, a las 9:53, bering.p <bering.p@wanadoo.fr> escribió:

[...]

Ah ok, reproduced. Good catch!
I'll try to fix it.
Thanks

?
[...]

Hi Paul and all:

Seems that I¡ve fixed it. Please download nvda-addon28.zip, extract
and install the attached add-on.
Here is the pull request, in case someone wants to see the code,
review or make improvements:

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/7

Thanks

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Ah ok, reproduced. Good catch!
I'll try to fix it.
Thanks

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
[...]

If no bugs are reported, tomorrow I'll create a PR to request the
publication on the website

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Hi Paul and all:

Seems that I¡ve fixed it. Please download nvda-addon28.zip, extract
and install the attached add-on.
Here is the pull request, in case someone wants to see the code,
review or make improvements:

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/7

Thanks

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>: