Topics

PC Keyboard Braille Input 2020.1-dev #addontesting

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, a person from spanish community has requested the ability to
listen a typed dot when writing using the "One hand mode", useful for
people learning braille.
I have created a pull request on my GitHub account since this repo is
not forked in the nvdaaddons organization and the workflow is not
resumed yet (hope NV Access can work on it so more reviewers are
involved in a coordinate way).
Please, see changes in source code and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3

As you know, I decided to stop updating the website until the workflow
is continued, so the link to test the add-on is
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1-dev/pcKbBrl-2020.1-dev.nvda-addon

The original request in Spanish is at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/message/1513

Hello, I have fixed a bug reported by a member of Spanish community on
the mailing list for NVDA created by me (Sergio Gómez), related to
configuration. seems I didn't save the code correctly or something
when I implemented the feature, since in fact I have seen several
mistakes. Hope this new version, 2020.1.1-dev, fix it:
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1.1-dev/pcKbBrl-2020.1.1-dev.nvda-addon

commits:

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3/commits

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Hi, a person from spanish community has requested the ability to
listen a typed dot when writing using the "One hand mode", useful for
people learning braille.
I have created a pull request on my GitHub account since this repo is
not forked in the nvdaaddons organization and the workflow is not
resumed yet (hope NV Access can work on it so more reviewers are
involved in a coordinate way).
Please, see changes in source code and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3

As you know, I decided to stop updating the website until the workflow
is continued, so the link to test the add-on is
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1-dev/pcKbBrl-2020.1-dev.nvda-addon

The original request in Spanish is at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/message/1513

The following is a prototype of a template to be used when reviewing diffs:

Diff review results (old version: 2019, new version: 2020.1.1-dev):
* License and copyright: pass (no change)
* Security: pass (no change)
* Documentation (including message translation): pass (no change)
* User experience: pass (with testing required)

Good luck (note that I reviewed source code directly).

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
Hi, a person from spanish community has requested the ability to
listen a typed dot when writing using the "One hand mode", useful for
people learning braille.
I have created a pull request on my GitHub account since this repo is
not forked in the nvdaaddons organization and the workflow is not
resumed yet (hope NV Access can work on it so more reviewers are
involved in a coordinate way).
Please, see changes in source code and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3

As you know, I decided to stop updating the website until the workflow
is continued, so the link to test the add-on is
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1-dev/pcKbBrl
-2020.1-dev.nvda-addon

The original request in Spanish is at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/message/1513

Thanks for reviewing. Of course, sometimes documentation or user experience can pass for a previous version and fail for the next one if nothing changes and should be modified. I was thinking that this add-on never included changes for version x. I tried to respect Jamie original format in code and in documentation when possible. We have to think about changelogs, if they should be included in readme.md, if this should be optional or if a different file should be used.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hi all,

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
Hi, a person from spanish community has requested the ability to
listen a typed dot when writing using the "One hand mode", useful for
people learning braille.
I have created a pull request on my GitHub account since this repo is
not forked in the nvdaaddons organization and the workflow is not
resumed yet (hope NV Access can work on it so more reviewers are
involved in a coordinate way).
Please, see changes in source code and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3

As you know, I decided to stop updating the website until the workflow
is continued, so the link to test the add-on is
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1-dev/pcKbBrl
-2020.1-dev.nvda-addon

The original request in Spanish is at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/message/1513

I would say changelog should be included in readme. As for how big the changelog should be, it's up to you.

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
Hi, a person from spanish community has requested the ability to
listen a typed dot when writing using the "One hand mode", useful for
people learning braille.
I have created a pull request on my GitHub account since this repo is
not forked in the nvdaaddons organization and the workflow is not
resumed yet (hope NV Access can work on it so more reviewers are
involved in a coordinate way).
Please, see changes in source code and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/pull/3

As you know, I decided to stop updating the website until the
workflow is continued, so the link to test the add-on is
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.1-dev/pcKbBr
-2020.1-dev.nvda-addon

The original request in Spanish is at

https://nvdaes.groups.io/g/lista/message/1513

Maybe. We can discuss this in the addon store proposal workflow too. Hope Mick or someone can work on this and fixing issues in the translations system. Another idea is making the changelog in a different document or something, so it can be translated and viewed from a button in addon manager or in the store, before saying yes in the confirmation to update the addon, just like other programs show release notes and ask if we want to see them. Or maybe show in GitHub, since releases can be described appropiately.
We have to think.
Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hi,