Topics

NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin and announcement of wireless strength

Daniel Gartmann

Hello Paul,

I am trying the NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin and I have one question:

Is it possible to make the plugin announce the strength of the wireless network that the computer is currently connected to?

Thanks for putting so much work into this package.

Daniel

bering.p

Hi Daniel.
Frankly, today I don't know.
Is this information present on the screen?
If yes, where and in what form(text or graphic)?
Thank you.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 06/10/2020 23:31, Daniel Gartmann a écrit :

Hello Paul,

I am trying the NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin and I have one question:

Is it possible to make the plugin announce the strength of the wireless network that the computer is currently connected to?

Thanks for putting so much work into this package.

Daniel

rowen brian

Hello.

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hmm, this addon doesn’t give me the ability to set its hotkeys because it doesn’t show up in the input gestures under NVDA 2020.3RC1. Does it work at your end?

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

Sergio Gómez

Yes, it works for me for example.

Greetings

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

Hmm, this addon doesn’t give me the ability to set its hotkeys because it doesn’t show up in the input gestures under NVDA 2020.3RC1. Does it work at your end?

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Assigned in the category System Status, in Input gestures dialog... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 07/10/2020 16:23, Ralf Kefferpuetz escreveu:

Hmm, this addon doesn’t give me the ability to set its hotkeys because it doesn’t show up in the input gestures under NVDA 2020.3RC1. Does it work at your end?

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

bering.p

Hi.
OK, but I don't quite understand.
If this functionality is already provided by another add-on, why do you want my add-on to provide it too?

Best regards.
Paul.
Le 07/10/2020 18:33, rowen brian a écrit :

Hello.

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

Sergio Gómez

Hi Paul!

It's simple, I explain again:

I upgraded from stable 9.2 to development 9.3, checking the "Also update stable versions to development" box. But later, if from the development one I want to return to the stable one, I can't do it, not even unchecking this check box. That is why two channels would be good: Stable and Development; if it's not too much to ask.

I hope you understand now.

Greetings

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

If this functionality is already provided by another add-on, why do you want my add-on to provide it too?

Best regards.
Paul.

Le 07/10/2020 18:33, rowen brian a écrit :

Hello.

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

bering.p

Hi Sergio.
I understand your request, but why are you asking this from an add-on, but not from NVDA?
When we switch to a development version, it's to test it.
To go back, it is necessary to manually install the previous stable version.
I implemented this in my add-on so that testers or translators are aware of ongoing developments to prepare for the stable release.
But not to go back.
In principle, they do this on a test version of NVDA.
Can you give me an add-on that does what you ask this add-onto do the same ?

Best regards.
Paul.
Le 07/10/2020 22:58, Sergio Gómez a écrit :

[...]

Hello Paul

Braille Extender

This plugin has those two update channels.

Regards

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

If this functionality is already provided by another add-on, why do you want my add-on to provide it too?

Best regards.
Paul.

Le 07/10/2020 18:33, rowen brian a écrit :

Hello.

There is already an add-on that implements this function.

https://github.com/kvark128/WlanReporter

Daniel Gartmann

Thanks for recommending the add-on WlanReporter linked to in this topic. It even reports what type of connection you are connected to.