Topics

NVDA Skype add-on update released. Windows Skypes are unified!

Doug Lee

Microsoft finally replaced Skype UWP for Windows 10 with the same Skype that we've been calling Skype 8 for Windows Desktop. This was announced many months ago but took a while to happen.

I have released version 2018.04.2 of the Skype add-on for NVDA, at https://www.dlee.org/skype/NVDA/skype.nvda-addon

Apologies for the funny version number btw; I only noticed the "2018" after making several release announcements.

Features:

URL change! The old skype/electron URL will still work for a while, but the above URL is the new location for this add-on. Please update any pointers accordingly.

Works with both Skype for Windows Desktop (Skype 8) and Skype UWP for Windows 10, which is now the same interface.

Fixes review cursor navigation in messages in a chat history list. I did this long ago, but it broke at some point.

A note for anyone switching Skype incarnations in response to this unification:

If you are migrating from Skype for Windows Desktop to the newly identical Skype for Windows 10, check your settings (Ctrl+Comma), because settings from one version may not be automatically applied to the other even though
the interfaces are the same. I recommend paying particular attention to where Skype says your audio will come from and go to.

Enjoy.

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how

Hi,
If it wasn't done already, would you like us to review this add-on and
include this in community add-ons website in the future?

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"Characters live to be noticed. People with character notice how they live."
-- Nancy Moser

Rui Fontes

It is possible to do that again?

Or is just for some developers?

Rui Fontes

Às 20:30 de 29/06/2020, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

Our review offer remains - it is up to the author to let us know if the add-on should be reviewed or not unless the add-ons community says otherwise.

[...]

I don't mind it being reviewed or linked to, but the updates will continue to land at the URL I gave, as I automated the
posting process along with several other management items long ago for my projects. There may already be a link to
these like there is for TeamTalk, but I forget which ones have that and which don't.

Your offer is kind amid all else you do, by the way. :-)

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:30:36PM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin