Topics

NVDA Remote, encryption and running our own relay server

Jason Fayre

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can answer this.

Does anyone have information on the specific encryption that NVDA Remote uses? Also, is it still possible to host a private relay server?

My employer is looking at using NVDA remote for training clients, and our IT group needs this info.

Thanks!

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

Please look here:

https://github.com/jmdaweb/NVDARemoteServer

cheers,

  Ralf

Does anyone have information on the specific encryption that NVDA Remote uses? Also, is it still possible to host a private relay server?

My employer is looking at using NVDA remote for training clients, and our IT group needs this info.

Thanks!

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi,

NVDA Remote uses standard SSL sockets to encrypt communications. No server certificate validation is performed, and there aren't additional encryption mechanisms. If you run your own server, it's highly recommended that you create a new self-signed certificate. Despite that, NVDA Remote is vulnerable to man in the middle attacks.

Regards.

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es

Logo NVDA Certified Expert

Brian's Mail list account

However somebody would need to be pretty lucky to A know what was going one and why, or B be able to do it without being noticed.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

NVDA Remote uses standard SSL sockets to encrypt communications. No
server certificate validation is performed, and there aren't additional
encryption mechanisms. If you run your own server, it's highly
recommended that you create a new self-signed certificate. Despite that,
NVDA Remote is vulnerable to man in the middle attacks.

Regards.

El 25/06/2020 a las 21:52, Jason Fayre escribió:

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can answer this.

Does anyone have information on the specific encryption that NVDA
Remote uses? Also, is it still possible to host a private relay server?

My employer is looking at using NVDA remote for training clients, and
our IT group needs this info.

Thanks!

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es <https://nvda.es>
Twitter: @nvda_es <https://twitter.com/nvda_es>
Certificado en el programa NVDA Expert 2019
<https://certification.nvaccess.org>

Logo NVDA Certified Expert <https://certification.nvaccess.org>