From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
On Behalf Of lauracornwell
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 12:32 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] NVDA remote.

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

Well it would be nice for those if it did.

One thing to note, actually 2 things.

I suspect and I may be completely off my tree, but we can't hold back the release for ever, eventually a release will happen.

The team and a lot of authors have done a really steller job of trying to get most addons updated.

It goes without saying that not all will be updated on the day but most will.

Some will be updated in the next few months.

Some may not ever be upgraded.

Some will simply die off, or others will take their place, maybe different name but same functions.

Maybe some will merge into other addons.

I have had users on the network here have the same issues and its not all golden.

For example the cd software and photo software had to be ditched because it was just to old and screwed windows completely.

I was in process of doing a full reformat of one of the workstations at the request of its owner because it had never had one and was slow.

I decided instead of just reformatting it, I'd actually take it appon myself to within reason upgrade all the software on it.

Well lets just say, the older software or at least some of it didn't work.

This screwed up windows, and well it required me to, eventually after severail failed os instances to have to simply bin 5 software packages, physical cds and delete several really old and unused packages from my books.

Previously I had discarded on other systems some of that software because it to did not work but I was aware it wouldn't and had fixed it.

I was able to replace some of the software lost, however there was software I couldn't replace, but that software wasn't needed.

I will also offer to you another similar scenario.

At one of the government places I do research in, they require some older software to use some old equipment which was made with xp, windows 10 gets screwed up by using this software so that particular system needs to use a vm with xp in it and yeah they know it needs upgrading, but it would cost as much to upgrade the system as replace it.

Point is, you may have to do without for a bit and we will never have it our way all the time.

To be utterly honest I am quite impressed on how much the nvaccess team authors and community have achieved.

Also for those outside the community with addons that well don't work, put up an issue on git, email the authors and see if it can be fixed and it may happen.

Until nvda hits the translation lock we probably have time and I suspect even then we will still have time to push  stuff.

I suspect that if whatever is out before is not out, either on release day or shortly after we will get the rest.

For the rest, you may have to chace up a few addons.

The only one I am unsure of is image describer but I think the authors of this are on here, so it may just come out on launch.

And thats another thing, a lot of authors have elected to release on launch day.

On 14/01/2020 8:00 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

Reef Turner

Hi all,

I have submitted a couple of pull requests to NVDA remote to update it to
work with Python 3 and NVDA 2019.3. This is still preliminary support, and
several issues remain (especially across versions, i.e. 2019.2.1 or early
connecting to 2019.3).

The intent of this message is to make you aware "we're working on it".

Thanks, Reef Turner (NV Access)

For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi reef,
Please, can you compile these requests in one add-on.
I am here to help with testing.

For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

derek riemer

We will be ensuring NVDA remote is usable with NVDA 2019.3. We don't have an exact timeframe yet, but it will happen.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

hello
The build of NVDARemote nvaccess-convertToPython3-7 can be obtained from here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/l2jpm6l0u3jvobc5/artifacts/remote-2.3.nvda-addon

Brian's Mail list account

Yes I did gather that the authors could cope with making it work, its across nvda versions being linked that was posing some issues and making premature baldness a possible issue. grin. Luckily of late I have no need for the add on, but that could easiliy change of course.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

put this add on in www.addons.NVDAproject.org please!

[...]

the new NVDA. is not out yet. that's y please put addons url's on
www.addons.NVDA-project.org! so when ever the new nvda comes out I can
update my AddOns

On 1/15/20, Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo via Groups.Io
<chikodinaka.2girls=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

It's for testing purposes, and it is not official yet.
And stop trolling

For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA
remote be in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a
lot of people use and I would like to find out so that way I know
what to tell people when they ask me one more thing about this if it
will not work then most people will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for
all you do to help .

Brian's Mail list account

No but the beta 2 release is out.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

For now, the answer is, "we don't know".

Hey there, to all on this list I am wanting to find out will NVDA remote
be
in 2020.1? or what will be done about this/ This add on a lot of people
use
and I would like to find out so that way I know what to tell people when
they ask me one more thing about this if it will not work then most
people
will not upgrade to 2020.1. thanks for all you do to help .

Kevin Cussick

Hi, this addon is working very well will test better to morrow thanks for all who worked on this.

On 15/01/2020 09:02, dingpengyu wrote:
hello
The build of NVDARemote nvaccess-convertToPython3-7 can be obtained from here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/l2jpm6l0u3jvobc5/artifacts/remote-2.3.nvda-addon

David Moore

Thank you so very much for this!

I can’t wait to use NVDA remote again!

Have a great one, all!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,   this addon is working very well will test better to morrow thanks

for all who worked on this.

On 15/01/2020 09:02, dingpengyu wrote:

> hello

> The build of NVDARemote nvaccess-convertToPython3-7 can be obtained from here:

> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/l2jpm6l0u3jvobc5/artifacts/remote-2.3.nvda-addon

Chikodinaka mr. Oguledo

I need the link to NVDA remoteControle please