Von: "Hermann-Josef Kurzen" <ymh005@...>
Datum: 8. Februar 2019 um 07:04:04 MEZ
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev
Antwort an: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi,

I've downloaded InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev from the Addons Homepage.
Installation is okay. There was no error message.
But it doesn't work.
There is something wrong with the activation key nvda+shift+t.
I am using NVDA 2017.4.
Is Instanttranslate working under this version?

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Ok, I crosssend this one to the addons mailing list, so that the author can handle this.
Looks to me that the issue is a compatible issue with 2017.4. What is the reason that you stay with NVDA 2017.4 on your Win 8.1 machine?

Cheers,
Ralf

Von: "Ralf Kefferpuetz" <ralf.kefferpuetz@...>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev

Hello,

Did you press the letter "t" after you pressed NVDA-shift-t?

Cheers,
Ralf
I've downloaded InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev from the Addons Homepage.
Installation is okay. There was no error message.
But it doesn't work.
There is something wrong with the activation key nvda+shift+t.
I am using NVDA 2017.4.
Is Instanttranslate working under this version?

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Hi Ralf,

it is an elder PC and I'm not sure all installed addons will work in conjunction with newer versions of NVDA. Furthermore I don't want to change the system, because all Applications work okay for me. It is an back-up-PC and it should work in case it is neccessary.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

I've downloaded InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev from the Addons Homepage.
Installation is okay. There was no error message.
But it doesn't work.
There is something wrong with the activation key nvda+shift+t.
I am using NVDA 2017.4.
Is Instanttranslate working under this version?

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Ján Kulik

Hi, these compatible add-ons unfortunately work from NVDA version 2018.4. I therefore recommend that you switch to a newer version.

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Hi Ján ,

okay, no problem.
There is InstantTranslate 4.1-dev on my backup-disk and that version can be
used with NVDA 2017.4.
Most of my PCs run under Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.4.1.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Gesendet: Freitag, 08. Februar 2019 um 10:38 Uhr
Von: "Ján Kulik" <@janulik2222>
An: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

Hi, these compatible add-ons unfortunately work from NVDA version 2018.4. I therefore recommend that you switch to a newer version.

Herman can you please email me off list with the specs for your pc your os etc.

If its a desktop, then it would depend how old, what cpu maker, ram, generation etc.

I do admin a few older systems, not promising anything but while I now deal with a lot of newer workstations, for a number of years I delt with a lot of older systems.

also if you could get belark adviser or something then send me the resultant html file then maybe we can squeeze some performance out of it.

and maybe a list of the software you have at startup.

Of course, the only way to truely see what I can do is to get the unit, do a full reformat, update everything, stress test it and eak out performance, but even so, if its not being problematic, then there are a few things I could do to make it work.

99% of everything performance wize is commen enough I can just go and do it, could even script it in batch, though I havn't touched this stuff since the last time I had to run something 5 years back, still, I have a little time on my hands.

On 8/02/2019 10:07 PM, Hermann-Josef Kurzen wrote:
Hi Ralf,

it is an elder PC and I'm not sure all installed addons will work in conjunction with newer versions of NVDA. Furthermore I don't want to change the system, because all Applications work okay for me. It is an back-up-PC and it should work in case it is neccessary.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

I've downloaded InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev from the Addons Homepage.
Installation is okay. There was no error message.
But it doesn't work.
There is something wrong with the activation key nvda+shift+t.
I am using NVDA 2017.4.
Is Instanttranslate working under this version?

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Simone Dal Maso

Hello,
a great difference between actual version of instant translate and past versions is that now it translates only a sentence.
For example, if you select a text of 3 4 lines, you will have the translation only of the first sentence.
It is a pitty, but I think it is a limitation of google translate api.

Il 08/02/2019 11:57, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:

[...]

Michal Rada

No, in other apps using API is maximum lenght of text not limited by sentences but limited for 64K size of field or object-text.

S pozdravem

Michal Rada

a great difference between actual version of instant translate and past

versions is that now it translates only a sentence.

For example, if you select a text of 3 4 lines, you will have the

translation only of the first sentence.

It is a pitty, but I think it is a limitation of  google translate api.

Il 08/02/2019 11:57, Shaun Everiss ha scritto:

> Herman can you please email me off list with the specs for your pc your

> os etc.

> If its a desktop, then it would depend how old, what cpu maker, ram,

> generation etc.

> I do admin a few older systems, not promising anything but while I now

> deal with a lot of newer workstations, for a number of years I delt with

> a lot of older systems.

> also if you could get belark adviser or something then send me the

> resultant html file then maybe we can squeeze some performance out of it.

> and maybe a list of the software you have at startup.

> Of course, the only way to truely see what I can do is to get the unit,

> do a full reformat, update everything, stress test it and eak out

> performance, but even so, if its not being problematic, then there are a

> few things I could do to make it work.

> 99% of everything performance wize is commen enough I can just go and do

> it, could even script it in batch, though I havn't touched this stuff

> since the last time I had to run something 5 years back, still, I have a

> little time on my hands.

> On 8/02/2019 10:07 PM, Hermann-Josef Kurzen wrote:

>> Hi Ralf,

>> it is an elder PC and I'm not sure all installed addons will work in

>> conjunction with newer versions of NVDA. Furthermore I don't want to

>> change the system, because all Applications work okay for me. It is an

>> back-up-PC and it should work in case it is neccessary.

>> Greetings - Hermann

>> ■■■

>>> Gesendet: Freitag, 08. Februar 2019 um 09:56 Uhr

>>> Von: "Ralf Kefferpuetz" <ralf.kefferpuetz@...>

>>> An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>> Cc: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

>>> Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] [nvda] InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev

>>> Ok, I crosssend this one to the addons mailing list, so that the

>>> author can handle this.

>>> Looks to me that the issue is a compatible issue with 2017.4. What is

>>> the reason that you stay with NVDA 2017.4 on your Win 8.1 machine?

>>> Cheers,

>>>   Ralf

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,
Download it again please. The author already fixed that.

Cheers,
Ralf

I've downloaded InstantTranslate 4.3 Dev from the Addons Homepage.
Installation is okay. There was no error message.
But it doesn't work.
There is something wrong with the activation key nvda+shift+t.
I am using NVDA 2017.4.
Is Instanttranslate working under this version?

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Simone Dal Maso

yes, sorry I am a stupid, I realize it just some minutes after having asked it.
Thanks!