NVDA 2020.4 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: compatible, preparing for NVDA 2021.1 work

Hello all,

I’m delighted to announce that all of my add-ons are compatible with upcoming NVDA 2020.4. You may also notice that some add-ons show 2021.1 as last tested NVDA version, and I’m indeed working on supporting vast changes coming in next year’s release (by the way, 2021.1 is a backward compatibility breaking release, so please prepare your add-ons accordingly).

Cheers,

Joseph

Brian's Mail list account

Does that mean that the 3d sounds will fail again, or is it merely the way versions are recorded in the manifest?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:15 AM
Subject: [nvda-addons] NVDA 2020.4 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: compatible, preparing for NVDA 2021.1 work

Hello all,

I'm delighted to announce that all of my add-ons are compatible with
upcoming NVDA 2020.4. You may also notice that some add-ons show 2021.1 as
last tested NVDA version, and I'm indeed working on supporting vast changes
coming in next year's release (by the way, 2021.1 is a backward
compatibility breaking release, so please prepare your add-ons accordingly).

Cheers,

Joseph

hay Joseph. where i can read about braking changes in 21.1? i want to prepare my addons before the release.

Hi,

Things are not really set in stone yet. Possible changes include moving to Python 3.8, wxPython 4.1.x, removing functions marked as deprecated throughout 2020.x releases and such. I think we won’t find out the details until January at the earliest.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alexander Epaneshnikov
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 4:32 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA 2020.4 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: compatible, preparing for NVDA 2021.1 work

hay Joseph. where i can read about braking changes in 21.1? i want to prepare my addons before the release.

Reef Turner

Issues and Pull Requests that describe planned and accepted deprecations should all get the label 'deprecated/2021.1' label applied. 

These will be documented in the changes file also.

Reef Turner
Software Developer - NV Access

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 00:07, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Things are not really set in stone yet. Possible changes include moving to Python 3.8, wxPython 4.1.x, removing functions marked as deprecated throughout 2020.x releases and such. I think we won’t find out the details until January at the earliest.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alexander Epaneshnikov
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2020 4:32 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA 2020.4 and Joseph Lee's add-ons: compatible, preparing for NVDA 2021.1 work