Next round of community add-on registrations: Word Nav, WinWizard, Console Toolkit

Hello all,

Based on recent reviews, the following add-ons will be registered on community add-ons website this weekend (sorry for this late action):

  • Console Toolkit
  • WinWizard
  • Word Nav

Are there other add-ons that passed recent reviews and ready for website registration? I plan to register these by this weekend or next Tuesday at the latest.

Well there is the interactive fiction interpreters one.

I have used that for ages and ages by nick stocton.

It doesn't do anything special, I am not even sure if it has any keys, it just reads interfiction in glulxe, inform, tads and agt/agility and a few others.

Its been working with me for ages.

It really should be a core thing but thats another thing for another day.

Its been out for ages and does work.

Not sure about mushclient but I'd imagine that works to.

On 12/02/2021 4:30 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello all,

Based on recent reviews, the following add-ons will be registered on community add-ons website this weekend (sorry for this late action):

  • Console Toolkit
  • WinWizard
  • Word Nav

Are there other add-ons that passed recent reviews and ready for website registration? I plan to register these by this weekend or next Tuesday at the latest.

The prerequisite for add-on registration is a basic review, and ones that didn’t go through them must pass it before being registered.

[...]

Ok, so how do I review an addon?

I for example have used if interpreters quite a lot, in fact I have finnished playing a game or 2 with it.

Its got nothing special, it just works and thats about all I can tell you.

You do have to open windows frotz and not run a game to play games and obviously you need the game interpreters themselves and

well.

The only issue is you can't run inform games from the shell else they won't read but it does work.

On 12/02/2021 5:14 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Willingness to use and give feedback on add-ons is the first step in reviewing add-ons. For basic review though, some familiarity with Python is a must because you’ll need to read add-on source at some point (for this reason, whenever I review add-ons, I read source code before installing the new add-on).

[...]

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi,

Update Channel selector and Proxy support might be registered too.

Regards.

El 12/02/2021 a las 4:30, Joseph Lee escribió:

Hello all,

Based on recent reviews, the following add-ons will be registered on community add-ons website this weekend (sorry for this late action):

  • Console Toolkit
  • WinWizard
  • Word Nav

Are there other add-ons that passed recent reviews and ready for website registration? I plan to register these by this weekend or next Tuesday at the latest.

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es
Twitter: @nvda_es
Certificado en el programa NVDA Expert 2019

Logo NVDA Certified Expert

Lukasz Golonka

Hello,

When registering Win Wizard please use
https://github.com/lukaszgo1/winWizard/releases/tag/V5.0.2 rather than a
release which I've posted in December - the latest version contains some
fixes for translators.
Thanks

Rowen Cary

When will the registration be completed? Is there any new news?

HI all,

Took a few days to verify, but I'm delighted to announce that the add-ons mentioned in this thread are now part of community add-ons website. Add-on Updater 21.05 (May) will be told to check for updates to these add-ons.

Tony Malykh

I still don't see these add-ons on the official website. Or is there a separate process now to get them to official website?

On 4/4/2021 9:17 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

HI all,

Took a few days to verify, but I'm delighted to announce that the add-ons mentioned in this thread are now part of community add-ons website. Add-on Updater 21.05 (May) will be told to check for updates to these add-ons.

I was waiting for the community add-ons site to return before posting final bits. The newly registered add-ons will show up within the next fifteen minutes.

I still don't see these add-ons on the official website. Or is there a separate process now to get them to official website?

On 4/4/2021 9:17 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

HI all,

Took a few days to verify, but I'm delighted to announce that the add-ons mentioned in this thread are now part of community add-ons website. Add-on Updater 21.05 (May) will be told to check for updates to these add-ons.

Never mind about fifteen minutes notice – it’s not showing up either despite committing these add-ons to Subversion.