New version of addonsHelp add-on #addonrelease

Rui Fontes

Hello!

I have just released the new version of the addonsHelp add-on at:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp/releases/tag/21.05

Should I do anything more?

Best regards,

Hello Rui:

This is for you since you asked directly, but it's also applicable to
other authors that want their add-ons to be posted on the community
website.

The procedure requires:

1. Release a version of the add-on. The add-on may be distributed on
different channels like this list so that people can provide feedback.
2. Create a pull request agains nvaccess/addonFiles repo:

https://github.com/nvaccess/addonFiles

3. Wait for a review from Joseph or mine (at this moment we are
collaborators and have to perform a review before approve PRs, to
request a second review from NV Access, who can merge them so that the
add-on is posted).
4. If needed, when the add-on is available on the website, update the
documentation in the translations repo.

I use GitHub CLI to fork repos and create pull requests.
The manual is here, and you may choose to create PRs just from GitHub
webpage, but for me is easy to use the command line application.
https://cli.github.com/manual/gh_pr_create

Download link is available at

https://cli.github.com/

I use the following command: gh pr create -w

In this way, the webpage to create the PR will be opened.

Please see the following example of useful info that you can include
in the created PR:

https://github.com/nvaccess/addonFiles/pull/80

Especially important maybe the link to the repo (which may allow
people to create issues in your repository), as well as add-on name,
author, version and NVDA compatibility.

SHA256 maybe useful too, to verify the add-on integrity, but you can
ommit it if you want.

If someone don't know how to create forks and PRS, please let us know.
But if possible, I think it's better that authors do it themselves.

Hello!

I have just released the new version of the addonsHelp add-on at:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp/releases/tag/21.05

Should I do anything more?

Best regards,

Hi Noelia!

I have released new versions of my 4 add-ons.

I have already fetch the repros on nvdaaddons.

Can I make a PR for all four or should I make one for each one?

Rui Fontes

Às 07:27 de 01/06/2021, Noelia Ruiz escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui, please, make a PR for each one for easeness of review, and so
that, in case some error or improvement should be done in one of them,
the other ones aren't blocked and can be approved.
Please, for reference, consider making a comment in the PR with
release information, for example:

- addon name: addonsHelp
- version: x.y (with digits).
- Author: rui Fontes
- repo: https://github.com...
NVDA compatibility: 2019.3 and beyond (or whatever).
- Changes for this version: x, y z

Make the PR against add-on files. You can create a branch in your fork
in the form: addonNema-version, for example: addonsHelp-3.2