Topics

Mostly for Tyler spivey and NVAccess people: message of a high importance!

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi to all listers!

Noelia mentioned Speak password, but I want to mention here another add-on, which is important for us as a community.

I have got a numerous questions from the people using NVDA, especially from Poland, Russia and Croatia.

What’s going on with NVDA remote? Will it be ported to PY3 and when?

All the best,

Zvonimir

Ján Kulik

Yes, I also use it in Slovakia. Exactly I want to ask what NVDA remote will do about it. It would be a shame if nothing happened, because there are people who want to help computers, but they don't know exactly what to do to help them if someone needs it. I also asked about other Speech history add-ons and sais Product name And Version.

Dňa 24. 11. 2019 o 13:42 zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz napísal(a):

--
Ján Kulik

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, about NVDA REmote, though I have never used it, I know this is
very important for many people. NV Access announces Unicorn, a
commercial product for remote communications, and in the documentation
of Unicorn it's reflected that Unicorn works with a modified version
of the remote add-on available from Babbage website.
I'm wondering if Leonard, always kind with questions, could inform
about this modified version and compatibility with NVDA 2019.3:
https://access4u.eu/unicornNVDA/

Yes, I also use it in Slovakia. Exactly I want to ask what NVDA remote will
do about it. It would be a shame if nothing happened, because there are
people who want to help computers, but they don't know exactly what to do to
help them if someone needs it. I also asked about other Speech history
add-ons and sais Product name And Version.

Dňa 24. 11. 2019 o 13:42 zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz napísal(a):
Hi to all listers!
Noelia mentioned Speak password, but I want to mention here another add-on,
which is important for us as a community.
I have got a numerous questions from the people using NVDA, especially from
Poland, Russia and Croatia.
What’s going on with NVDA remote? Will it be ported to PY3 and when?
All the best,
Zvonimir

Quentin Christensen

We are well aware of how important NVDA Remote is to people and we will ensure you aren't left behind.  Just last week, Christopher Toth finally got in touch with us wanting to work together to update it, and we are pleased at that contact.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 11:42 PM zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...> wrote:

Hi to all listers!

Noelia mentioned Speak password, but I want to mention here another add-on, which is important for us as a community.

I have got a numerous questions from the people using NVDA, especially from Poland, Russia and Croatia.

What’s going on with NVDA remote? Will it be ported to PY3 and when?

All the best,

Zvonimir

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Ján Kulik

My suggestion is whether this could not be implemented directly with NVDA without there being an add-on? I think this is a pretty good thing, but I don't know how Jaws's screen reader has it, whether it has something similar or not.

Dňa 24. 11. 2019 o 23:11 Quentin Christensen napísal(a):

[...]

Thanks Quentin!

Nice to hear that!

Will there be possible to add this add-on to translation system somewhere, as not all translators are familiar with github?

Can you propose that to Christopher, too? This will allow more languages to be added.

[...]

I think this add-on is in the translation system...

Dňa 24. 11. 2019 o 23:15 zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz napísal(a):

[...]

No, it is not there.

In the translation system there is a short info about the addon.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Its the first I've heard of this, and I suspect its the same for many others here.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

mattias

where to find unicorn?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>
[...]

Here is Unicorn:  https://access4u.eu/product/unicorndvc/

It is more designed as an enterprise solution rather than for individual use.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Robert Hänggi

Well, I hope that Unicorn isn't intended as replacement for Remote.
Seems to me that the prizes on access4U are quite JAWSY. Good that it
isn't called access4all since that would be misleading.
Robert

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

No as I said, it's an enterprise offering, designed to work with some of those commercial environment packages.  It is not designed as a replacement for NVDA Remote.

We've had contact from NVDA Remote as I said, and are working with them to ensure it will be ready for Python 3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

mattias

but unicorn supports braille

nvdaremote dont

Den 2019-11-27 kl. 01:06, skrev Quentin Christensen:

Hi Robert,

No as I said, it's an enterprise offering, designed to work with some of those commercial environment packages.  It is not designed as a replacement for NVDA Remote.

We've had contact from NVDA Remote as I said, and are working with them to ensure it will be ready for Python 3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:41 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Well, I hope that Unicorn isn't intended as replacement for Remote.
Seems to me that the prizes on access4U are quite JAWSY. Good that it
isn't called access4all since that would be misleading.
Robert

> Here is Unicorn:  https://access4u.eu/product/unicorndvc/
>
> It is more designed as an enterprise solution rather than for individual
> use.
>

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 5:31 PM mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
>
>> where to find unicorn?
>>
>> Den 2019-11-25 kl. 10:43, skrev Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:
>> > Its the first I've heard of this, and I suspect its the same for many
>> > others here.
>> > Brian
>> >
>> > bglists@...
>> > Sent via blueyonder.
>> > Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> > briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> > in the display name field.
>> > Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users
>> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>

and why should enterprises allways have  all good things

Den 2019-11-27 kl. 01:06, skrev Quentin Christensen:

Hi Robert,

No as I said, it's an enterprise offering, designed to work with some of those commercial environment packages.  It is not designed as a replacement for NVDA Remote.

We've had contact from NVDA Remote as I said, and are working with them to ensure it will be ready for Python 3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 10:41 AM Robert Hänggi <aarjay.robert@...> wrote:
Well, I hope that Unicorn isn't intended as replacement for Remote.
Seems to me that the prizes on access4U are quite JAWSY. Good that it
isn't called access4all since that would be misleading.
Robert

> Here is Unicorn:  https://access4u.eu/product/unicorndvc/
>
> It is more designed as an enterprise solution rather than for individual
> use.
>

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 5:31 PM mattias <mjonsson1986@...> wrote:
>
>> where to find unicorn?
>>
>> Den 2019-11-25 kl. 10:43, skrev Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:
>> > Its the first I've heard of this, and I suspect its the same for many
>> > others here.
>> > Brian
>> >
>> > bglists@...
>> > Sent via blueyonder.
>> > Please address personal E-mail to:-
>> > briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> > in the display name field.
>> > Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users
>> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Noelia Ruiz" <nrm1977@...>

as i say

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Larry Wang

nvdaremote  supports braille after 2.0

On 2019/11/27 14:47, mattias wrote:

supports braille

nvdaremote

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi Quentin,

The add-on for Remote (unicorn library) is incompatible, too.

Please Remote should be ported to py3 as soon as the 2019.3 is released, because people will refuse to upgrade to the new NVDA release.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

There is a Py3 compatible version of the unicorn add-on, found at http://www.babbage.com/unicornnvda

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

If there is a py3 addon, as we see,

Why cannot Christopher use patches from there?