Topics

Mostly for André and Paul, authors of Braille Extender and NVDA Extension Global Plugin

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

A member of one of the mailing lists for NVDA's Spanish community (the
group owned by me) reports the following:
When NVDA Global Plugin Extension add-on (by Paul) is running, the
following features of Braille Extender (posted on the community
website and developed by André) don't work:

Speech interrupt when scrolling on same line;
- "Speech interrupt for unknown gestures".
- "Speech interrupt for unknown gestures".

We will be grateful if this could be fixed.

Thanks

bering.p

Hello Noelia and all.

I don't have a braille display, so I can't highlight this problem.
However, by analyzing the source of the extension Braille Extended, I have found that the two extensions patchent the same function of NVDA: executeGesture of the class InputManager. (module inputCore).
So There are, therefore, incompatible.
I have modified my extension to enable disable certain features , to avoid this conflict.
I am attaching the latest version of my extension.
Once installed, it is necessary to disable the feature:
-Command keys selective announcement
- Keys s remanence
Please inform me if this solved the problem.
Sorry for my bad english.
Best regards.

Paul.

Le 09/01/2020 14:32, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :
Hello:

A member of one of the mailing lists for NVDA's Spanish community (the
group owned by me) reports the following:
When NVDA Global Plugin Extension add-on (by Paul) is running, the
following features of Braille Extender (posted on the community
website and developed by André) don't work:

Speech interrupt when scrolling on same line;
- "Speech interrupt for unknown gestures".
- "Speech interrupt for unknown gestures".

We will be grateful if this could be fixed.

Thanks

bering.p

Hi,
As we say in French: "No news, good news".
Best regards.
Paul.

Le 09/01/2020 17:51, bering.p a écrit :
[...]

2 2

Thanks Paul, I am on holliday until the next Wednestay and I missed your previous message, I think it went unfortunately to spam, I will send your message to my Spanish mailing list on Wednesday or tomorrow, as soon as possible, kind regards and I will inform you ASAP too

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 13 ene 2020, a las 23:02, bering.p <bering.p@...> escribió:

[...]

Sorry, I dont see your message in spam, could you send the modified addon again attached or a download lin please? If I dont receive it before Wednesday, I will contact you privately. Thanks

[...]

Hi Noelia and all.
You can find the link in the thread.
This is the link found in the #11063 group.io thread:
https://nvda-addons.groups.io/g/nvda-addons/attachment/11030/0/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-9.0-beta9.nvda-addon

and my github repository download link:
https://github.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/raw/master/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin/dev/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-9.0-beta9.nvda-addon

Best regards.
Paul.

Le 13/01/2020 23:16, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :
[...]

Thanks Paul. I have send the add-on to Sergio Gómez, who reported the incompatibility with Braille Extender.
Sergio wants me to send you the following message:

Hello Paul!

Thank you very much for answering, you have solved the problem perfectly.
I also wanted to tell you that your NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin plugin
is great, I have it installed on all copies of NVDA.

Greetings and I repeat that thanks Paul

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 14 ene 2020, a las 9:05, bering.p <bering.p@...> escribió:

[...]

As the solution I proposed, although responding to the problem, I was not satisfied, I tried another to make compatible these two add-ons with all their features are active.
I need Sergio to test this new version, not being able to do it myself.
In principle, there is no need to uninstall features.
Can you send the link of this new version of Sergio or communicate to me , in private, his e-mail address.

Here is The download link:

https://github.com/paulber007/AllMyNVDAAddons/raw/master/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin/dev/NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-9.0-beta13.nvda-addon

Thank you very much.
Best regards.
Paul.

escribió:
[...]

interrupt for unknown gestures". - "Speech interrupt for
unknown gestures".

We will be grateful if this could be fixed.

Thanks

Noelia Ruiz

;thanks Paul. I will fordward this to Sergio, so he can test the new version of the add-on and contact you privately if needed.Kind regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone