Topics

Method to refresh braille contents.

Pawel Urbanski

Dear Everyone,
After a bit of searching and browsing through NDDA's sources I decided
to ask, for I have not found anything solid...
How can I refresh the contents of a braille display, but just braille
display without making NVDA speak the text...
Any hints or code snippets highly welcome...

Thanks, Pawel

Alberto Buffolino

Pawel Urbanski, il 02/11/2020 21.37, ha scritto:
Any hints or code snippets highly welcome...
Alberto:
Hi Pawel,
in ColumnsReview, I used this code:
***
myText = "...some text to append..."
region = braille.TextRegion(myText)
region.focusToHardLeft = True
region.update()
braille.handler.buffer.regions.append(region)
braille.handler.buffer.focus(region)
braille.handler.buffer.update()
braille.handler.update()
***
However, I'm not totally sure about need of all instructions, but I hope it can provide a path to investigate.
Alberto

Pawel Urbanski

Hi Alberto,
Looks very good. Together with speech.cancelSpeech() it shuld work -
will keep you and everyone interested posted.

Thansk for help...