Topics

Issue with Time zoner

William Wong

Hello,

Regarding the addon Time zoner I have a question.

As far as my understanding, after setting the time zone in the addon configuration, press nvda alt t will speak the time in the time zone that I have selected, right?

Here it comes the problem.

In the time zone ring, I added US Eastern time as the first and Asia Hong Kong as the Second.

Press nvda alt t will only speak one line of time.

As the above setting, I want it to report the US EST time,

however pressing nvda alt t didnt report the EST time, it just reported the current time in my time zone.

The submenu is strange.

press nvda n, preferences> time zoner

focus is on Configure Timezone Ring...

if I press down arrow, nothing happened.

but if I press up arrow, there is another submenu indicated as Time zoner, but press right arrow will not expend the submenu.

Thanks, William

Adriani Botez

for issue 1 and 2, you have to press the key stroke multiple times to navigate through all selected time zones.

best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 07.04.2020 um 11:52 schrieb William Wong <@WaiWilliam>:

Hello,

As far as my understanding, after setting the time zone in the addon configuration, press nvda alt t will speak the time in the time zone that I have selected, right?

In the time zone ring, I added US Eastern time as the first and Asia Hong Kong as the Second.

however pressing nvda alt t didnt report the EST time, it just reported the current time in my time zone.

The submenu is strange.

but if I press up arrow, there is another submenu indicated as Time zoner, but press right arrow will not expend the submenu.

Thanks, William

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,

1. Press NVDA+ALT+T in succession to hear subsequent timezones. This is a timezone ring so you cycle through your timezones by pressing the key multiple times. For example, in your configuration, you should press NVDA+ALT+T once for US/Eastern time, twice for Asia/Hong Kong time.

2. The reason you're hearing your local time is because this is what NVDA selects by default. To remove it, remove it from the timezone ring in Preferences.

A. Select Preferences > Time Zoner > Configure Timezone Ring. It will show the timezone ring dialog.

B. Tab to Timezone Ring. This is a listbox.

C. Select your computer's default timezone.

D. Press the Remove button.

3. Under the Time Zoner submenu, the only option is Configure Timezone Ring. NVDA announces submenu sometimes when there is only one item available. It gets confused somehow. You should press Enter on Configure Timezone Ring.

On 4/7/2020 5:52 AM, William Wong wrote:
Hello,

The submenu is strange.

Thanks, William

Jason Bratcher

I can also concur with the non-expanding submenu and nothing on the down arrow inside of the TimeZoner menu.
The first time zone automatically is your local time zone added for you (so NVDA figures).
You add the other one  time zone, say, HongKong).
Once done, you'll be tapping NVDA+Alt+t several times in series with no other keystrokes between.
I noticed New Yorkbut then  decided to add Denver, Mexico City and Los Angeles to my ring;
so to hear mountain time I have to hold down NVDA and Alt then tap T three times.
Because I've also got the speech history addon, I can copy what just got spoken and paste it into a document for someone that needed it, like I'll do here as an example.
9:51, Wednesday, April 8, 2020 (MDT)
Or for a fourth NVDA+Alt+t:
8:52, Wednesday, April 8, 2020 (PDT)
I just disregard the ghost submenu as it does nothing.
Hope that helps, William and others.

--
Jason Bratcher

Munawar Bijani <munawarb@...>

Hi,

In the next release I'm assigning two additional keys: ALT+NVDA+LEFT and ALT+NVDA+RIGHT to cycle through the timezone ring. Then NVDA+ALT+T will announce whatever timezone you're pointing to. So you'll first hear the time when you press ALT+NVDA+LEFT/RIGHT, and then you can always press ALT+NVDA+T to hear the time in that timezone again.

This will help with assigning several timezones to the ring.

On 4/8/2020 11:57 AM, Jason Bratcher wrote:
I can also concur with the non-expanding submenu and nothing on the down arrow inside of the TimeZoner menu.
The first time zone automatically is your local time zone added for you (so NVDA figures).
Once done, you'll be tapping NVDA+Alt+t several times in series with no other keystrokes between.
I noticed New Yorkbut then  decided to add Denver, Mexico City and Los Angeles to my ring;
so to hear mountain time I have to hold down NVDA and Alt then tap T three times.
Because I've also got the speech history addon, I can copy what just got spoken and paste it into a document for someone that needed it, like I'll do here as an example.

William Wong

Thanks for your reply.

Jason Bratcher 於 8/4/2020 23:57 寫道:

William Wong

I think it doesnt matter, but please explain clearly on the addon page that user has to press several times nvda alt t to know the other time of time zones.

Munawar Bijani 於 9/4/2020 2:06 寫道:

Hi,

In the next release I'm assigning two additional keys: ALT+NVDA+LEFT and ALT+NVDA+RIGHT to cycle through the timezone ring. Then NVDA+ALT+T will announce whatever timezone you're pointing to. So you'll first hear the time when you press ALT+NVDA+LEFT/RIGHT, and then you can always press ALT+NVDA+T to hear the time in that timezone again.

This will help with assigning several timezones to the ring.

On 4/8/2020 11:57 AM, Jason Bratcher wrote: