Is there any add-on for Zara radio to emulate mouse right click in some controls?

Noelia Ruiz

Hello: A friem not familiarized with object navigation, review cursor and mouse emulation in NVDA uses Zara Radio. I"m explaining him how to emulate right click and object navigation. But is there a reliable add-on which can help him?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hello. I have a specific complement to the Zararadio, but the problem is that it does not work in the new versions of NVDA, and your developer has passed away times ago. So the add-on will no longer be updated. If your friend wants to work with him, you should use NVDA 2018 or less than that, if I'm not mistaken. Another problem is that the complement will only work with versions of Zararadio translated into Brazilian Portuguese, so if your friend communicates with Spanish, for example, it will not have great difficulties with this change in the language. Anything, if this complement help you, I am sending it attached ... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 12/04/2021 00:05, Noelia Ruiz escreveu:

Hello: A friem not familiarized with object navigation, review cursor and mouse emulation in NVDA uses Zara Radio. I"m explaining him how to emulate right click and object navigation. But is there a reliable add-on which can help him?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Noelia Ruiz

My frend uses and old version of NVDA, though I have recommended him to update it if possible. It works in Spanish. Anyway I may get a look to the add-on trying to contact the developer and, if needed, trying to adapt it or create a new one, just if it"s necessary.
Thanks so much

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 12 abr 2021, a las 5:35, Locutor Antonio Cezar <antoniocezarlocutor@...> escribió:

[...]

<zararadio.zip>

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to contact the developer unless you go to heaven, since he deceased some years ago. We had many queries about this add-on in our spanish list and our support system, and we don't know what to do in special cases like this one. We wouldn't like to fork and adapt this add-on to Python 3 without permission, but we don't know who can give us that permission.

Regards.

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es

Logo NVDA Certified Expert

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hello. Well before going to heaven, the developer had already abandoned the development of Add-On a long time ago. I know that, because I had enough contact with the developer, and I was also one of the add-on testers, contributing somehow to their development with my suggestions. Therefore, I believe that you should not worry about the problem of permission to use it, because in addition to the death of the developer, you still have your abandonment in relation to the development project of add-on yet when it was alive... Thank you .

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 12/04/2021 03:52, José Manuel Delicado Alcolea via groups.io escreveu:

[...]

Hello, I'm talking with my friend and I've sent him this message with
the attached add-on. Since the author died, I'll take care of the
add-on consulting to my friend if needed.
Thanks

<antoniocezarlocutor@gmail.com>:

[...]

Incidentally, the developer developed several add-ons to the NVDA and also scripts for JAWS, and distributed all of them to the community of blind users. However, the great disappointment of the developer with Zararadio add-on happened because he distributed some copies to a small group of testers, and I was part of this group, with a well-explicited recommendation, which can even be found in the Help in Portuguese, making it well explained that the testers should not distribute this add-on while it was still in the test phase. Unfortunately, someone from the testers distributed Zararadio's add-on a public discussion list before the developer had given his work completed, and that left the developer quite hurt, causing him to leave the project when he was still here with We... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 12/04/2021 04:08, Locutor Antonio Cezar via groups.io escreveu:

[...]

Finally, our friend Rui Fontes, who was also a friend of the developer and, if I am not mistaken, also gave some help to the developer for the creation of Zararadio add-on, tried to make some changes in it, so that Zararadio add-on could work with Python 3. I, which I know very well this add-on and all its functions, was helping with the tests. Unfortunately, we can not make all your many functions work well in the new versions of NVDA with Python 3, and so the project was also abandoned... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 12/04/2021 04:41, Locutor Antonio Cezar via groups.io escreveu:

[...]

Rui Fontes

Hi!

No. I have helped he with other add-ons, and still maintaining one of them, favoriteFolders...

But, yes, anyone is free to keep the ZaraRadio add-on alive!

Rui Fontes