Topics

IS there an addon that let's you label buttons and controls?

eagle98

Hello there

Sorry if if i'm asking this question in the wrong place

Are there any addons that could let me to label standard windows
buttons  that are not labeled?

Do you want a add-on that lets you create labels, or do you want to see how that is possible reading an add-on already made for that purpose?

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 21:09 de 12/04/2020, eagle98 escreveu:

Hello there

Sorry if if i'm asking this question in the wrong place

Are there any addons that could let me to label standard windows
buttons  that are not labeled?

Thanks.

eagle98

Hi Rui

The former, I was looking for an add on that could  let me label
unlabeled buttons, and unlabeled edit fields.

I don't know any other NVDA add on communities, again i'm sorry if this
is the wrong place to ask for this.

Cheers

Hadi

On 4/13/2020 7:23 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Do you want a add-on that lets you create labels, or do you want to
see how that is possible reading an add-on already made for that purpose?

Rui Fontes

NVDA portuguese team

Às 21:09 de 12/04/2020, eagle98 escreveu:
Hello there

Sorry if if i'm asking this question in the wrong place

Are there any addons that could let me to label standard windows
buttons  that are not labeled?

Hello!

As far as I know, this is the best place to ask...

I also would like to have such an add-on!

It exists an add-on to label the controls of QTranslate...

Maybe you could modify it to your program...

Rui Fontes

Às 00:10 de 14/04/2020, eagle98 escreveu:

[...]

Has anyone managed to do such a thing?

Also, do you know where i can get this add on?

On 4/14/2020 3:49 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
[...]

Stefan Moisei

More knowledgeable developers are free to correct me, but, basically, I think there is no way to write an addon which would work for all programs.
This is because windows has multiple UI toolkits, and there's no programatic way to uniquely differentiate a control: you might need to use the control ID, class name, UIA properties, or, worst case, object position info in regard to another unique object.
In case you got this idea from mobile screen readers, ios and android have standardized UI's, which make this feature possible.

[...]

William Wong

Hi,

For me as a Autohotkey user, if those controls are recognizable by the program, then you can use Control set text to label the controls.

Stefan Moisei via groups.io 於 17/4/2020 1:45 寫道:

-----Original Message----- From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:19 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

[...]

The originalauthor is Hrvoje Katich and I have improved it a little bit...

It is available at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b71e0akkd307qsb/QTranslate.nvda-addon?dl=1

NVDA portuguese team