Is there a way to ignore certain events with an app module?

Muhammad Aamir Shafique

Hi all, I'm using an app which has a standard tree-view but is very, very laggy with NVDA. With the help of the new event tracker add-on, I see that NVDA is being flooded with focusEntered and nameChange events, causing NVDA to freeze and respond very slow. is there a way to just drop them somehow? Thanks for any help

Alberto Buffolino

Muhammad Aamir Shafique, il 06/10/2021 18.41, ha scritto:
With the help of the new event tracker add-on, I
see that NVDA is being flooded with focusEntered and nameChange events, causing NVDA to freeze and respond very slow. is there a way to just drop them somehow?
Alberto:
Hi Muhammad,
yes, in my knowledge, you can overlay class for the object raises event, and then re-define the event to do nothing (pass).
See ACLogStaticText here for example:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ABuffEr/acLog/master/addon/appModules/aclog.py
Hth.
Alberto