Topics

Introducing my first addon Packager of complements.

Héctor Javier Benítez Corredera

Well the first thing to apologize for my English is simply thanks to the translator.

Well a few months ago I started programming some things for NVDA in the Spanish community.

Well, after being a user of NVDA a long time ago I found a problem that for those who have the knowledge is not such.

There is a reality in NVDA and it is the amount of non official complements that there are.

Well, many times we lose the original, the page where we downloaded the complement or simply shared it and we do not remember who shared it.

Who knows how to repackage the add-on has no problem but there are users who do not know the process.

Well, that is what happened to me that I had to share an add-on with a friend and when I was doing the whole process I thought it would be great if NVDA had something that would facilitate that very same thing, to generate again an add-on already installed.

Well, I leave you to see what you think of (addonPackager.

In Github there is all the information about how to use it, although it is very simple.

Once installed in Tools we will have the possibility to launch the addon.

The addon is currently translated into Spanish, French, Portuguese (Portugal) and Brazilian Portuguese.

It is simple and good in the Hispanic community to like quite a lot.

I know that surely you do not like this practice of repackaging an add-on directly from NVDA but being realistic this is something that is done from the beginning. Therefore consider after evaluating and putting in the documentation the corresponding security warnings to make such a tool that facilitates the whole process.

Well this is the link to the latest version of the add-on:

https://github.com/hxebolax/Add-on-packer/releases/download/0.6/addonPackager-0.6.nvda-addon

And this is the repository on Github:

https://github.com/hxebolax/Add-on-packer

Cordial greetings.

bering.p

Hi.
For information, this functionality exists also in the
NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on, but rather oriented add-on development.
Best regards.
Paul.

Le 13/11/2020 20:09, Héctor Javier Benítez Corredera a écrit :

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

I think one of he problems with such things is that if its used to share unofficial add ons, it would be a great little tool to allow bad persons to insert nasty code before repackaging it as an add on. However I'm sure anyone smart enough to make a dodgy security breaking add on, would have the knowledge how to make the add on file in the first place, after all its just a set of files, zipped up and with the extension name changed.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Well, I just looked at it and indeed NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin has the feature of utilities for add-ons.

Well I think NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin in the option to manage the add-ons is more focused on developers.

The Add-on Packer is more for the user who wants to have a copy of the add-ons quickly, so they can share them, have them saved etc. Having the possibility to pack them all at once or choose the ones you want and be able to pack them.

What you have in your add-on I think is much more advanced and focused on a more advanced and specific but also usable by normal users.

By the way, I take this opportunity to congratulate you because you have just loaded several add-ons that I had installed and some that were no longer going to be updated.

NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin just got a slot in my NVDA.

Congratulations.

Best regards

El 14/11/2020 a las 8:56, bering.p escribió:

[...]

Totally in accordance with what you mention.

We already know that there will always be people with these purposes and that is not why we have to stop providing the user with a task that perhaps due to ignorance he does not know how to do.

With the add-on I simply try that those who want to quickly have a copy of their add-ons, for example, can choose all or several of them and be able to quickly pack them up to have them saved.

For example for when you reinstall and want to start from scratch with NVDA. For people who use virtual machines and install clean NVDA and want only some of the add-ons they have in their original copy etc.

Greetings

----- Original Message ----- From: "Héctor Javier Benítez Corredera" <hebolah@...>
[...]

Sergio Gómez

Hello Paul
If your plugin already has the feature, how can you use it? I have not known until now that your plugin has this and I would like to see it.

Thank you

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 14 nov. 2020 à 08:56, bering.p <bering.p@...> a écrit :

[...]

Hi Héctor and Paul!

Right, addonPackager is very good add-on.

NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin is great too.

Congratulations to both of you.

Greetings

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

[...]

Hi Sergio.
You must install the "development tools" functionnality.
With "nvda+j"  and "t", you will open the "development tools" dialog.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 14/11/2020 11:39, Sergio Gómez a écrit :

[...]

Rémy Ruiz

Hello Paul,

Is not the same feature.

this one package all addons found in nvda's addon folder.

This one is also translate in french by miself. :)

Cheers.

Rémy

Le 15/11/2020 à 10:50, bering.p a écrit :

[...]

Well, I have seen the feature. But what is a .pot for example?

And the .py file you can create, what is it for?

Thank you

Cheers

[...]

Hi Sergio,

.pot file is used to create a new catalog for message and can be translated in your currently language using poedit.

This one is created using this Paul's addon.

This buildVars.py file is required for to created this new addon.

See documentation in spanish in this Paul's addon.

Cheers.

Rémy

Le 15/11/2020 à 21:41, Sergio Gómez a écrit :

[...]

Hello Rémy!

Oka, thank you very much for the information. I'll see the documentation.

Cheers