Topics

Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.

I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/

Best

Adriani

Ethin Probst

IMO... the problem with this tutorial -- which is really a
specification of sorts -- is that it only discusses web browsers (user
agents). It does not discuss how it works in a non-web scenario, such
as a standard windows application.

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst

David Mehler

Hello,

Where is this python 2017/2018 lecture?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 12/4/18, Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen@...> wrote:
[...]

Well, this is the use case which is mainly covered in this tutorial. But the principles are similar in a non web interface. I think the best way is to understand a specific use case first and then it is easier to extend the knowledge on other use cases as well.

Best
Adriani

[...]

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:
[...]

Larry Wang

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM 高生旺 <coscell@...> wrote:
Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial
> explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
>

> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is
> covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
>

> https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/
>

> Best
>
> Adriani

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I never found the Python learning course on it.
Thank you!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Larry Wang wrote:
https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials/
On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM 高生旺 <coscell@...> wrote:
Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you
want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare
time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this
tutorial
> explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
>

> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my
opinion is
> covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
>

> https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/
>

> Best
>
> Adriani

Adriani Botez

Hello,

Joseph's Python course can be read here. Just join that group and follow the treat. There are also many exercises you can do to aply different python programming principles.

https://nvda.groups.io/g/devlearning