Topics

Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.

I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/

Best

Adriani

Ethin Probst

IMO... the problem with this tutorial -- which is really a
specification of sorts -- is that it only discusses web browsers (user
agents). It does not discuss how it works in a non-web scenario, such
as a standard windows application.

On 12/4/18, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good
Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in
touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want
to learn how to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking
for myself, I don't know if I ever will be able to improve things in a
consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it
in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind it.
Though, NVDA's code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much
better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for
us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable terms how
accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this
construct.

I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA's code
anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core
aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in
my opinion is covering all important points with regard to Accessibility
APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

Best

Adriani

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst

David Mehler

Hello,

Where is this python 2017/2018 lecture?

Thanks.
Dave.

On 12/4/18, Ethin Probst <harlydavidsen@...> wrote:
IMO... the problem with this tutorial -- which is really a
specification of sorts -- is that it only discusses web browsers (user
agents). It does not discuss how it works in a non-web scenario, such
as a standard windows application.

Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very
good
Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in
touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you
want
to learn how to improve things from a programatical point of view.
Speaking
for myself, I don't know if I ever will be able to improve things in a
consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do
it
in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind
it.
Though, NVDA's code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it
much
better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for
us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable terms how
accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in
this
construct.

aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and
in
my opinion is covering all important points with regard to Accessibility
APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

Best

Adriani

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst

Adriani Botez

Well, this is the use case which is mainly covered in this tutorial. But the principles are similar in a non web interface. I think the best way is to understand a specific use case first and then it is easier to extend the knowledge on other use cases as well.

Best
Adriani

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Ethin Probst
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2018 22:03
An: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Cc: nvda@nvda.groups.io; nvda-translations@nvda-translations.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

IMO... the problem with this tutorial -- which is really a specification of sorts -- is that it only discusses web browsers (user agents). It does not discuss how it works in a non-web scenario, such as a standard windows application.

Dear all,

after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very
good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to
keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is
important if you want to learn how to improve things from a
programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don't know if I
ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a
professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am interested to understand the principles behind it.
Though, NVDA's code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it
much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads
out for us. So I think this tutorial explains in quite understandable
terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how
WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.

aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion
and in my opinion is covering all important points with regard to
Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.

Best

Adriani

--
Signed,
Ethin D. Probst

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hi Adriani

Where to browse the Joseph Lee's course?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018, Adriani Botez wrote:
Dear all,
after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how
to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am
interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial
explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is
covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
Best
Adriani

Larry Wang

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM 高生旺 <coscell@...> wrote:
Hi Adriani

>
> Dear all,
>
>
> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this tutorial
> explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
>
>
> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my opinion is
> covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
>
>
> https://www.w3.org/TR/core-aam-1.1/
>
>
>
> Best
>
> Adriani
>
>
>
>
>

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I never found the Python learning course on it.
Thank you!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Larry Wang wrote:
https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials/
Hi Adriani

>
> Dear all,
>
>
> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you
want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare
time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this
tutorial
> explains in quite understandable terms how accessibility APIs work, compares them and shows how WEI-ARIA fits in this construct.
>
>
> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my
opinion is
> covering all important points with regard to Accessibility APIs and their meaning for screen readers.
>
>
>
>
>
> Best
>
> Adriani
>
>
>
>
>

Adriani Botez

Hello,

Joseph's Python course can be read here. Just join that group and follow the treat. There are also many exercises you can do to aply different python programming principles.

https://nvda.groups.io/g/devlearning

Best
Adriani

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> Im Auftrag von ???
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. Dezember 2018 09:13
An: addon <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [nvda-addons] Interesting and very informative lecture for potential developers

I never found the Python learning course on it.
Thank you!

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018, Larry Wang wrote:
https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials/

Hi Adriani

>
> Dear all,
>
>
> after Joseph Lee organized and maintained the very important and very good Python learning course 2017 / 2018, I think it is time for us to keep in touch with screen reader related information. This is important if you
want to learn how
> to improve things from a programatical point of view. Speaking for myself, I don’t know if I ever will be able to improve things in a consistent way. I am not a professional programer but I am trying to do it in my spare
time and am
> interested to understand the principles behind it. Though, NVDA’s code is very complex and in fact, we can understand it much better if we actually know how NVDA gets the information it reads out for us. So I think this
tutorial
>
>
> I recommend to all of you who want to try to contribute to NVDA’s code anytime in his life, read this tutorial and try to understand its core aspects. This tutorial brings most modern technologies in discussion and in my
opinion is
>
>
>
>
>
> Best
>
> Adriani
>
>
>