Topics

instant translate 4.3

Beqa Gozalishvili

hello all.

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

Beqa Gozalishvili

link to download addon is
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=it-dev

it is not available yet on website
i don't know when it should be
up, but i think it will be soon

--
with best regards beqa

Simone Dal Maso

unfortunately it downloaded 4.2...

Il 06/02/2019 14:45, Beqa Gozalishvili ha scritto:

link to download addon is
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=it-dev
it is not available yet on website
i don't know when it should be
up, but i think it will be soon
On 2/6/19, Beqa Gozalishvili via Groups.Io
<beqaprogger=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
hello all.

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

Beqa Gozalishvili

ok, it is available now on addons website

On 2/6/19, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@...> wrote:
unfortunately it downloaded 4.2...

Il 06/02/2019 14:45, Beqa Gozalishvili ha scritto:
link to download addon is
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=it-dev

it is not available yet on website
i don't know when it should be
up, but i think it will be soon

On 2/6/19, Beqa Gozalishvili via Groups.Io
<beqaprogger=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
hello all.

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

--
with best regards beqa

Simone Dal Maso

yeeees, it works!
Great.

Il 06/02/2019 15:04, Beqa Gozalishvili ha scritto:

ok, it is available now on addons website
On 2/6/19, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@...> wrote:
unfortunately it downloaded 4.2...

Il 06/02/2019 14:45, Beqa Gozalishvili ha scritto:
link to download addon is
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=it-dev

it is not available yet on website
i don't know when it should be
up, but i think it will be soon

On 2/6/19, Beqa Gozalishvili via Groups.Io
<beqaprogger=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
hello all.

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Is it normal that it translates only one line of selected text, even if more lines are selected?

Cheers,
Ralf

[...]

no, it is not normal. thanks for catching that.

already fixed.
please re-download addon during next few hours.

On 2/6/19, Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@...> wrote:
[...]

Nikola Jovic

Could we have a setting to choose between Yandex and Google? I
personally have uses for both, but mainly Yandex is really good with
Russian translations.

On 2/6/19, Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@...> wrote:
[...]

Rémy Ruiz

Hi,

Thanks for all,  do to forget to update documentation an put compatiblity for this add-on in new documentation to be translated.

Cheers since France.

Rémy

Le 06/02/2019 à 14:32, Beqa Gozalishvili a écrit :

hello all.

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

.

Brian's Mail list account

How can people be sure one of the providers won't start messing with the api or charging for it again. Its a lot of work unless you have some assurances from the companies concerned.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

addon uses google translate service again for translation
and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to
restore it on addons website.

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Yup, works great now. Thanks a lot for this awesome addon.

Cheers,
Ralf

[...]

Michal Rada

Hi author and others,

Is it possible to add dictation function? Dictation API is open for accessibility purposes and translation purposes, for example Q|Translate is ideal free method of making Windows listenable and dictate in many languages. It uses translation and dictation API of Google.

There was similar plugin in NVDA, but i cannot find working version. I am using QTranslate application, but there is minor accessibility issues with dictating.

This is idea only.

Michal

S pozdravem

Michal Rada

How can people be sure one of the providers won't start messing with the api

or charging for it again. Its a lot of work unless you have some assurances

from the  companies concerned.

Brian

bglists@...

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

> i have just released a development version of instant translate addon.

> addon uses google translate service again for translation

> and addon now is compatible with latest nvda builds.

> please review an addon and i will try to make necessary changes to

> restore it on addons website.

Alberto Buffolino

Hi Beqa and all,
Google return is a great news. I installed the latest 4.3-dev, but there are still some minor issues, in particular with automatic language detection, manual language switching (script mapped on s) and language identification (script mapped on i).
These are features introduced by me before Yandex adoption, so I could fix personally, but if you, Beqa, prefer to do it, I absolutely favorable.
I suggest also to update version template to a.b-yyyymmdd-*, to facilitate updating.
Alberto

Alberto Buffolino

Alberto Buffolino via Groups.Io, il 07/02/2019 09.48, ha scritto:
Google return is a great news. I installed the latest 4.3-dev, but there are still some minor issues, in particular with automatic language detection, manual language switching (script mapped on s) and language identification (script mapped on i).
Alberto:
sorry, I forgot to watch and update settings in new settings panel, manual switching seems to work.
Alberto

Beqa Gozalishvili

hi alberto.

if you want, you can do it.

thank you.

On 2/7/19, Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@...> wrote:
Alberto Buffolino via Groups.Io, il 07/02/2019 09.48, ha scritto:
Google return is a great news. I installed the latest 4.3-dev, but there
are still some minor issues, in particular with automatic language
detection, manual language switching (script mapped on s) and language
identification (script mapped on i).
Alberto:
sorry, I forgot to watch and update settings in new settings panel,
manual switching seems to work.
Alberto

--
with best regards beqa

Adriani Botez

Is it possible to add deepl translator as additional source? It is much better for russian and for german and also for sone other languages like polish etc.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Adriani Botez, il 07/02/2019 14.16, ha scritto:
Is it possible to add deepl translator as additional source? It is much better for russian and for german and also for sone other languages like polish etc.
Alberto:
Hi Adriani,
this suggestion, as one about Yandex as second choice, requires a plugin sub-system to be well done. It would be very, very beautiful, integrating with other specialized services for language recognition, dictionaries etc, but, obviously, it's a lot of work.
Alberto

Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles

But í not impossible. I think thí í going to be ammacing.

Alberto Buffolino wrote:

Adriani Botez, il 07/02/2019 14.16, ha scritto:
Is it possible to add deepl translator as additional source? It is
much better for russian and for german and also for sone other
languages like polish etc.
Alberto:
Hi Adriani,
this suggestion, as one about Yandex as second choice, requires a
plugin sub-system to be well done. It would be very, very beautiful,
integrating with other specialized services for language recognition,
dictionaries etc, but, obviously, it's a lot of work.
Alberto

Ján Kulik

Hi all, a great addition, I have used QTranslate so far. It is good to use this plugin!

Johnny Greeting from Slovakia

Alberto Buffolino

Beqa Gozalishvili, il 07/02/2019 10.09, ha scritto:
if you want, you can do it.
Alberto:
Hi Beqa,
done! :) Version 4.3-20190208-dev.
Changes:
* language detection and, conseguently, auto language switching work again;
* now add-on announces "Translation failed", instead of raising an exception.
It should be already downloadable.
Alberto