Topics

Image describer has stopped working for me

Dejan Ristic

Hi,

It was last night that I found that Image describer had stopped working for me. If I was right, a server error was the cause, for it said that I could try it again in thirty seconds.

NVDA version: latest stable.

Add-on version: latest stable.

Operating system: Windows 7 64.

derek riemer

The api probably ratelimited you, or you finally exceeded your monthly cap. Which api on image describer were you using?

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Dejan Ristic

Hi,

I simply do not know what to reply to your question. I suppose that it was set by Oliver Edholm. I did not adjust the API, nor did I know how to do it. 😀

I simply grabbed the add-on, and installed it. The only thing that is true is that I use it very often.

Do you think that I can do something so that I can provide you with a reply I'm supposed to give?

Note:

I do not use Online Image Describer. I use Image Describer. Its interface does not offer any settings relating to the API.

Cheers,

Dejan

On 30/11/2019 20:31, derek riemer wrote:
The api probably ratelimited you, or you finally exceeded your monthly cap. Which api on image describer were you using?

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 3:57 AM Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@...> wrote:
         Hi,

It was last night that I found that Image describer had stopped working
for me. If I was right, a server error was the cause, for it said that I
could try it again in thirty seconds.

NVDA version: latest stable.

Add-on version: latest stable.

Operating system: Windows 7 64.

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

derek riemer

Oh, you're using his addon. There wasn't an api with his. Is it working again? There could have been a temporary glitch, or maybe he hit a limit on his end.
Cheers,
Derek

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 12:46 PM Dejan Ristic <r.dejan83@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh, no. It isn't working. When the object analysis is completed, it says something like: LessHtmlGreater ...

I cannot reproduce the rest. I must become a mad man to memorize the rest and reproduce it for you. 🤣

On 30/11/2019 20:57, derek riemer wrote:
[...]

Larry Wang

I tried to access its api endpoint manually ,it asked for permission on google account.

After granting permission it says

Error: Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL/function-2/interpret_image from this server.

On 2019/12/1 4:04, Dejan Ristic wrote:

[...]

That's the cause, then.

Well, member friends and programmers,

Do you think that this add-on is no more?

If so, is there a QTranslate-like alternative and/or a google-offered app by means of which we might get image and/or video descriptions?

The image Describer made it possible for us to watch videos, too.

Cheers,

Dejan

On 01/12/2019 09:51, Larry Wang wrote:

[...]

Well I do know chrome is in theory supposed to be able to describe graphics.

However with my tests showing that at least if we don't adjust the manafests, its not going to run in 2019.3, but if it itself no longer functions anyway who knows.

On 1/12/2019 10:16 pm, Dejan Ristic wrote:

[...]

With any image describer, this is likely to happen. Recognizing images is usually charged per image described, and some number in the thousands is usually free each month. After that number is reached across all of us, we have to pay some small amount per image, I.E. $0.001 per image described. If we want a service like this, it'll likely be a subscription charge per month, plus possibly a small fee per image. Someone would need to run this as a business.

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 9:54 AM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

[...]

This is why I never released mine.

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019 at 1:22 PM Derek Riemer <driemer.riemer@...> wrote:
[...]

I'd be happy to run this as a business, but what would be involved.

ie how much would I have to put up per year for it and would it be that usefull.

I could see myself starting with 100-200 bucks initially, but unless it was being used a lot, I'd have to make it back some how.

If it was like 50 bucks a year, I could do it, but not for free.

Maybe 1-5 bucks a month, maybe a couple bucks a month to keep it running pluss something like 20 bucks for initial maybe.

But that would assume I could fund it myself.

I could see myself doing 50-60 bucks a year to fund this long term, but anything more and I'd probably have a problem.

Maybe I could run it with a few others, but still.

I know some can't use paypal and some couldn't afford even that, and well how many of us will need that service constantly.

For example, I used to use webvism once or twice a year.

I have my capcha hacking tools I use those once every 1-5 years.

Thats not that good of a business to handle that.

On 2/12/2019 9:22 am, derek riemer wrote:
[...]

We'd need to do some analysis to get it going. We'd want to charge people based on the expected value of how much money we'd make based on the number of images analyzed. For example, if the expected number of images analyzed in a month was 500, we'd charge 500*cost for images to that user. We could also charge at the 99th percentile or use stats to optomize the profit margin based on whether we expect users to pay that much. We could also charge a premium per usage, but users may want consistent charges. If you're interested in the pricing, see https://cloud.google.com/vision/pricing or https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/cognitive-services/computer-vision/