Topics

I want to upload an add-on (beginner here) #addonrelease #addon-review

Hi,

An important question to settle: I think GPL 2 and 3 are incompatible. If yes, I advise relicensing the add-on as GPL 2 or later, which can cover GPL 3 provided that it is allowed.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of ahmed@...
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:07 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] I want to upload an add-on (beginner here) #addon-review #addonrelease

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I have been developing an add-on for a client of mine. The add-on will be named "Marijke_Los". The project is in python 3.7, the license is under the GPL-3.0 license. I was hoping somebody could review it. Here is the link for the individual directory https://github.com/meniman98/babbage-projects/tree/master/Marijke%20Los

Babbage - Ahmed

Hello, it is under the GNU general public license 3, I think that is the right one?

An important question to settle: I think GPL 2 and 3 are incompatible. If yes, I advise relicensing the add-on as GPL 2 or later, which can cover GPL 3 provided that it is allowed.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I have been developing an add-on for a client of mine. The add-on will be named "Marijke_Los". The project is in python 3.7, the license is under the GPL-3.0 license. I was hoping somebody could review it. Here is the link for the individual directory https://github.com/meniman98/babbage-projects/tree/master/Marijke%20Los

Hi,

NVDA is licensed under GNU General Public License 2.

Hello, it is under the GNU general public license 3, I think that is the right one?

An important question to settle: I think GPL 2 and 3 are incompatible. If yes, I advise relicensing the add-on as GPL 2 or later, which can cover GPL 3 provided that it is allowed.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I have been developing an add-on for a client of mine. The add-on will be named "Marijke_Los". The project is in python 3.7, the license is under the GPL-3.0 license. I was hoping somebody could review it. Here is the link for the individual directory https://github.com/meniman98/babbage-projects/tree/master/Marijke%20Los

Babbage - Ahmed

Hello, yes I know that. So can I have my add-on reviewed or is there something missing? I’ve added the GNU licensing to it

NVDA is licensed under GNU General Public License 2.

Hello, it is under the GNU general public license 3, I think that is the right one?

An important question to settle: I think GPL 2 and 3 are incompatible. If yes, I advise relicensing the add-on as GPL 2 or later, which can cover GPL 3 provided that it is allowed.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I have been developing an add-on for a client of mine. The add-on will be named "Marijke_Los". The project is in python 3.7, the license is under the GPL-3.0 license. I was hoping somebody could review it. Here is the link for the individual directory https://github.com/meniman98/babbage-projects/tree/master/Marijke%20Los

Hi,

We (the add-ons community) would like to know a bit more about the add-on, including what is it used for so that folks can keep that in mind when reviewing your add-on.

Hello, yes I know that. So can I have my add-on reviewed or is there something missing? I’ve added the GNU licensing to it

NVDA is licensed under GNU General Public License 2.

Hello, it is under the GNU general public license 3, I think that is the right one?

An important question to settle: I think GPL 2 and 3 are incompatible. If yes, I advise relicensing the add-on as GPL 2 or later, which can cover GPL 3 provided that it is allowed.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic day. I have been developing an add-on for a client of mine. The add-on will be named "Marijke_Los". The project is in python 3.7, the license is under the GPL-3.0 license. I was hoping somebody could review it. Here is the link for the individual directory https://github.com/meniman98/babbage-projects/tree/master/Marijke%20Los

Babbage - Ahmed

Hello, is there like a guideline or tutorial on how to upload an add-on? May you please send me some resources online? I’m new to all this. I’m also a beginner programmer

[...]

At the moment add-on uploads are done manually after the basic review passes. We cannot guarantee that it will be the case in the future as NV Access and several contributors are working on changing this process from inside out.

[...]

Hello, I’m confused. How do I upload an add-on? I couldn’t find any tutorial about how to do that online

[...]

If you are talking about community add-ons website, you can’t upload an add-on yourself. If talking about GitHub, you can do so as part of a tag/release.