Topics

I am asking about a problem with wxpython and NVDA.

Héctor Javier Benítez Corredera

Hello, I would like to raise a problem that happens to me with the dialogs in NVDA and wxpython.

Well, it is about the size property in the dialogs, for example:

        super(ViewDialog,self).__init__(parent, -1, title=""Test", size = (650, 375)).

Well in a normal application that works as one wishes. But the thing changes when one makes a dialog for NVDA, in the size property so that in NVDA it has the size 650x375 I have to put approximately 1300x750 so that the dialog has the same size.

Well I believe that if we make our dialog with gui.helper that does not happen and the window is taking the necessary size to fit the widgets that we put.

The problem for example in my case is that I'm getting more and more into NVDA but I'm still making the windows and dialogs as I would for a Windows application and I miss this particularity.

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thank you very much and excuse my English.

Best regards

Cyrille

Hello

Maybe something to do with DPI awareness?
I just give you this key word to search NVDA code or the web for this term. But I do not know so much about it.
Did you increase the size of the text and applications to 200% in Windows?

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Cyrille

[...]

Good, I comment that I do not see anything so I do not touch anything regarding the source in Windows.

Well this what happens I realized that when I carried a dialog that I had echoed in a Windows application to an add-on it turned out that I started to check that the information was not displayed the same when we did for example a virtual review.

Well with a sighted friend I did the test of making a simple dialog with the measurements I passed in the previous email and I showed him the dialog window started with Python 3.8 and wxpython 4.1.1 64 bits and the same dialog window made in a NVDA plugin.

The result is that I had to increase the size in the plugin to have the same size as in the dialog executed directly with Python.

The strange thing is that in the add-in it is about double the amount of the code executed in Python.

The truth has me a little puzzled, as I say the size of the desktop, font and everything referred that could affect is by default in Windows without having touched anything. I also add that I have done this test on several computers with the same result and on computers with different screen resolution. The result has always been the same, the NVDA plugin at 675x350 is small compared to 675x350 in a code executed with Python.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards