Topics

How to get file path?

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hi,

While I open a file with notepad then how do I get full path of this file?
I can only get its filename with api.getForegroundObject().

Luke Davis

Can you explain why you need this?

It sounds like something you really shouldn't want to do.

But if you are just trying to provide Notepad's idea of the filename to the user, it is in the title bar--adapting NVDA's titlebar read code should work.

Luke

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

While I open a file with notepad then how do I get full path of this file?
I can only get its filename with api.getForegroundObject().

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

I atempt to make notepad to rember bookmark.
The titlebar only shows filename rather than full path.
Thanks!

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 23:22:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] How to get file path?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

While I open a file with notepad then how do I get full path of this file?
I can only get its filename with api.getForegroundObject().

Tom Kingston

You need a program that displays the full path in the title bar. Notepad is going to store the path internally. Notepad++ will do this.
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/#main

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 23:22:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

While I open a file with notepad then how do I get full path of this file?
I can only get its filename with api.getForegroundObject().

Brian's Mail list account

There are programs out there that can shove the complete file path into the clipboard, I've used them before, Not sure its appropriate for nvda to be used to do that.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 23:22:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com>
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021, 高生旺 wrote:

While I open a file with notepad then how do I get full path of this file?
I can only get its filename with api.getForegroundObject().

Sean

title.split(" - Notepad++")
with index 0 .