Topics

How do I tell NVDA where focus is?

Doug Lee

I have a situation where I need to tell NVDA where focus is under certain conditions because the app doesn't do it properly. This will include handing NVDA the focus object, with its parentage, assigning the object name, etc.
Any best practice for how to do this? Current NVDA version (2020.1) is the one of interest, if that matters.

Thanks much for any info.

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
"Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it away. Are there briars in your

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

I don't have a definitive answer, so I was waiting in case someone had
another one. We use this code in eMule add-on that maybe useful (not
sure):
obj.setFocus()
eventHandler.queueEvent("gainFocus", obj)

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com