Topics

FW: [nvda] Poedit Made Easy NVDA add-on

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Anna Rita de
Bonis via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:46 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Poedit Made Easy NVDA add-on

Hello listers,

I'm writing you to ask you if someone of you knows the author of the add-on
Poedit Made Easy or if the author is in this list. I wrote to him long time
ago to ask him if kindly could make compatible this add-on for the new
version of NVDA, but I didn't receive any reply. I use this add-on and I
find it extremely useful, so if the author is not willing to work again on
this add-on, I'm wondering if there is somenone here in the list who wish to
work on it to make it compatible for the new version of NVDA.

Thank you in advance for your replies and help.

Kind regards,

Anna Rita

René Linke

Hi,

Perhaps, I found this old discussion at:

<https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4205>

Instead of making an add-on I suggest to heavily overhaul, the included poedit.py file in the NVDA source because there are things (for instance, Ctrl+Shift+A for reading notes, and Ctrl+Shift+C for reading comments), this included module is still not working for newer Poedit 2.x anymore. Lately, Poedit 2.3 is out now.
That old module in NVDA is kind of obsolete, and should taken care to update it.
And the other snippets and suggestions can probably be included as well that mentioned in the discussion.

This should put as a Proof of concept implementation of Poedit add-on feature (NVDA Core issue 4205).

Thanks,

René