From: Reef Turner <reef@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 3:31 AM
To: NVDA screen reader development <nvda-devel@...>
Subject: [Nvda-devel] Add-on compatibility in NVDA 2019.1 and beyond.

In order to address some looming issues that will affect the stability of add-ons in future releases (speech refactor, Python 3), a new add-on compatibility mechanism has been introduced. The short version is that add-ons will need to be updated more regularly. For a seamless user experience add-ons should be tested against each new NVDA release, excluding minor releases, and updated. The first Beta would be a good choice to confirm the add-on will work as expected with the release. Users will be strongly discouraged from installing, or leaving enabled, add-ons that have not followed this process.

For all the gritty details, see the pull request #8006

Reef Turner

Brian's Mail list account

I wonder if the shall we say dumber add ons that we use like the fake clipboard announcement will still work as they are very simple things based around some of the examples in the documentation on add on making which I assume will now need a revamp to catch the differences.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'