Topics

Fix for Audio Themes and latest alphas

Alberto Buffolino

Brian's Mail list account via groups.io, il 18/02/2021 12.27, ha scritto:
Yes I wrote to the author of Audio themes studio a couple of weeks ago,
as it is broken in all the recent
Alpha releases, but have had no response as yet.
Alberto:
Hi Brian,
I'll open an issue or propose a pr, but in the meantime...
- go to:
addons\audiothemes\globalPlugins\audiothemes\unspoken\__init__.py
and open with Notepad++ (for example);
- find:
NVDAObjects.controlTypes.REASON_QUERY
and replace with:
REASON_QUERY
- jump to top, and after imports put these lines:
***
# for compatibility
REASON_QUERY = NVDAObjects.controlTypes.OutputReason.QUERY if hasattr(NVDAObjects.controlTypes, "OutputReason") else NVDAObjects.controlTypes.REASON_QUERY
***
- save and restart πŸ™‚
I switched to a stereophonic experience very recently, thanks to a new cochlear implant and a new wired/wireless PC audio solution, and so I installed this add-on some days ago, appreciating it a lot for forcing the brain to notice/consider audio location. Very useful, after fixing the issue 😁
Alberto

Brian's Mail list account

OK thanks, Yes its a bit trippy on headphones but I tend to use it on speakers. I'll have to look at that when I get my brain cell on line later today.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

[...]

Hmm, the issue I'm having are two. 1 When I replace the items you suggest it gives me a syntax error, but not knowing too much about how fussy it is on tabs, spaces and the like its hard to work out what i did wrong. The other bit, after the imports you say, but there are some very dirty fiddling about going on just under the main imports that looks like conditional importing, so where exactly should I put the new code to define the parameters which I assume the new line syntax further down needs to make sense.

The error looks the same from the frozen bits, but the syntax error is new.
Its quite a convoluted bit of code..
Of course on the other hand it could be my 70 year old brain just giving up!

Maybe the best bet is to put the modified file onto a dropbox link and I'll replace it, then I could have a look at it and see what an idiot I am.. ahem...
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

[...]

Brian's Mail list account via groups.io, il 21/02/2021 10.13, ha > Its quite a convoluted bit of code..Alberto:
Hi all,
I just did a pr (my first pr!) some minutes ago.
I hope the author release a new version as soon as ppossible.
Alberto

Brian's Mail list account

Well, I've heard nothing from him my end.
Does this mean I can download it or what? I'm not up to all this using github.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk