fg object in python console showing same item descriptor all the time?

Jacob Kruger

Hi there

No matter what I am focused on when I bring up the NVDA python console, if I just type in fg and hit enter, to find out what the foreground object should be, it always just tells me:

NVDAObjects.Dynamic_ClipboardCommandAnnouncementUIAWindowNVDAObject

Could that be due to an add-on I have installed - should I try this with various other add-ons turned off? - or is this more or less normal?  Wouldn't expect it to be, but, that's why I'm asking?

Alternatively, is this since the fg object under the python console is picking up the python console itself?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Jacob Kruger

Sorry - that seems to be the announcement for certain of them, but, what meant is, why is there always a mention of clipboard in there?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-12-28 03:05 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Hi there

No matter what I am focused on when I bring up the NVDA python console, if I just type in fg and hit enter, to find out what the foreground object should be, it always just tells me:

NVDAObjects.Dynamic_ClipboardCommandAnnouncementUIAWindowNVDAObject

Could that be due to an add-on I have installed - should I try this with various other add-ons turned off? - or is this more or less normal?  Wouldn't expect it to be, but, that's why I'm asking?

Alternatively, is this since the fg object under the python console is picking up the python console itself?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Jacob Kruger

Ok, and, just went back and re-reviewed bit of the developer guide and, want to now ask if should rather work with focus instead of fg?

As in, thought fg=foreground would be relevant, but, maybe focus is more useful/suitable?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-12-28 03:05 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Hi there

No matter what I am focused on when I bring up the NVDA python console, if I just type in fg and hit enter, to find out what the foreground object should be, it always just tells me:

NVDAObjects.Dynamic_ClipboardCommandAnnouncementUIAWindowNVDAObject

Could that be due to an add-on I have installed - should I try this with various other add-ons turned off? - or is this more or less normal?  Wouldn't expect it to be, but, that's why I'm asking?

Alternatively, is this since the fg object under the python console is picking up the python console itself?

TIA

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Jacob Kruger

Ok, sorry - think you can disregard this message thread.

That's since, if disable/uninstall another one, I suddenly start getting different object descriptors returned to me.

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA