Extended Winamp - resurrection

Beqa Gozalishvili

Hello all.

first of all, i want to thank Hrvoje Katic for his work on this adon.

as Hrvoje stated publicly, he doesn't use winamp anymore and because
of this won't continue development of an addon. he also stated that if
someone wants to take maintaining, they are free to do that.

I want to take an opportunity to maintain this addon.

I was making some modifications to make it work with latest NVDA
versions, and it is now on github.

Latest release will work with upcoming NVDA 2021 version.

You can find an addon repo at:
https://github.com/beqabeqa473/extendedWinamp
and latest release at:
https://github.com/beqabeqa473/extendedWinamp/releases/download/v1.2/extendedWinamp-v1.2.nvda-addon

I want to ask addon reviewers to review this addon and group members
to make suggestions or report bugs, so we can make using winamp
better.

with best regards Beqa Gozalishvili
Tell: +995593454005
Email: beqaprogger@gmail.com
Web: https://gozaltech.org
Skype: beqabeqa473
Telegram: https://t.me/gozaltech
facebook: https://facebook.com/gozaltech
twitter: https://twitter.com/beqabeqa473
Instagram: https://instagram.com/beqa.gozalishvili

Hi,
Can someone review this please? Although I might be able to give it a quick look, due to my work with Winamp app module in the past (perhaps with this add-on, too), I feel I might not be best suited to review this fully.
Thanks for resurrecting this add-on, by the way.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Yes I want this to remain working since I have yet to find a better media player that just works as elegantly. Some others work, but are a little rough around the edges in places and sometimes get broken.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

[...]

Marco Zehe

Hi Beqa,

Curious, what version of Winamp would this run with, and where could one get it for testing? Also, does it require a language pack if using a language other than english?

Thanks!
Marco

Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com> hat am 12.04.2021 08:38 geschrieben:

[...]

Hi Marco.

I use winamp 5.8 Beta, but official 5.666 should also work.

As i remember, nothing language related is in addon itself as winamp
has great control with window messages.

--
with best regards Beqa Gozalishvili
Tell: +995593454005
Email: beqaprogger@gmail.com
Web: https://gozaltech.org
Skype: beqabeqa473
Telegram: https://t.me/gozaltech
facebook: https://facebook.com/gozaltech
twitter: https://twitter.com/beqabeqa473
Instagram: https://instagram.com/beqa.gozalishvili

umut korkmaz

Hello Beqa,

Thank you very much for updating this plugin.

Winamp V5.8 beta,

I use it with the Turkish language pack without any problems.

I would be happy if you can also add the features to speed up and slow down the file and resume from where we left off.

Health to your hands.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Umut KORKMAZ

Windows 10 için Posta ile gönderildi

Kimden: Beqa Gozalishvili
Gönderilme: 12 Nisan 2021 Pazartesi 09:38
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Konu: [nvda-addons] Extended Winamp - resurrection

[...]

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi colleagues,

Beqa, it's great that you will support this add-on, because Winamp is a very convenient player that has remained relevant for many years.
Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to review this add-on right now, but I will be happy to do it in a few weeks.
Thank you for your work!

Umut, sorry for the offtopic, but I would like to share my own experience with you.
You can use the Winamp plugin to resume playback from the last position:

Time Restore & Autoplay
https://winampplugins.co.uk/timerestore.html

Have a nice week!
Oleksandr

Rémy Ruiz

Hello Beqa,

Thanks...

I do not know if your new addon works with:

Winamp 5.8 Build 3660

You can download this version winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe

https://download.nullsoft.com/winamp/client/winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us.exe

To test this one.

I used this addon made for you:

name = extendedWinamp
summary = "An extended appModule for Winamp music player"
description = "This extended appModule extends the original Winamp appModule found in NVDA with some extra functionality."
author = "Hrvoje Katic <hrvojekatic@...>, Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@...>, NVDA-addon-team"
url = http://addons.nvda-project.org
version = 1.2
minimumNVDAVersion = 2019.2.0
lastTestedNVDAVersion = 2019.3.0

This version of Winamp is not multilanguage. I do not know if the addon will take into account the language in French. This now says when typing a Winamp command the message is in English.

Thanks for all.

Cheers.

Rémy

Kimden: Beqa Gozalishvili
Gönderilme: 12 Nisan 2021 Pazartesi 09:38
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

[...]

Hello Oleksandr,

Thank you for the information and link you provided.

I will try.

Kimden: Oleksandr Gryshchenko
Gönderilme: 12 Nisan 2021 Pazartesi 15:49
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Konu: Re: [nvda-addons] Extended Winamp - resurrection

Hi colleagues,

Beqa, it's great that you will support this add-on, because Winamp is a very convenient player that has remained relevant for many years.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to review this add-on right now, but I will be happy to do it in a few weeks.

Thank you for your work!

Umut, sorry for the offtopic, but I would like to share my own experience with you.

You can use the Winamp plugin to resume playback from the last position:

Time Restore & Autoplay

https://winampplugins.co.uk/timerestore.html

Have a nice week!

Oleksandr

Locutor Antonio Cezar

For the To Speed ​​Up and Slow Down The File feature, you can use the Winamp Pacemaker plugin, which works very well. The paid version of the plugin, which if I am not mistaken, costs about ten dollars, allows you to use global shortcuts, to control the file playback speed from any system window... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Kimden: Beqa Gozalishvili
Gönderilme: 12 Nisan 2021 Pazartesi 09:38
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

[...]

Thank you for your valuable information.