Topics

Error while generating pot file for translating add-on

Hi all
I tried generating pot file for NVDA markdown forever add-on, and got the following errors
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: warning: No version of Visual Studio compiler found - C/C++ compilers most likely not set correctly
File "C:\python37\Scripts\scons.exe\__main__.py", line 7, in <module>
Generating pot file markdownForever.pot
xgettext: warning: ’’utf-8’’ is not a valid encoding name. Using ASCII as fallback.
xgettext: Non-ASCII string at addon\globalPlugins\markdownForever\HTTPServer.py:63.
Please specify the source encoding through --from-code or through a comment
as specified in https://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html.
scons: *** [markdownForever.pot] Error 1
I just install program and modules that said in NVDA add-on development, not install dependoncies for this add-on because I thin I just translate, not contribute code yet. Is this cause the problem?

Any help would be appreciated.Cuong

Sean

The error doesn't seem you.

Instead, you can send an issue from GitHub to the addon author.

* As an extra, when you want to translate or review any project ...
Do not copy your projects to locations that contain characters other than ASCII characters.

--
Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m a software developer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely (C)/C++.

Hi, and thanks for your info. I saved add-on repos in a folder which is not contains any UniCode character, and I reported it to add-on author.

Cuong